Innr bulb power loss last state?

I just purchased Homey Pro and first time user. I got Innr bulbs and according to innr, there’s bulbs have last state after power off feature. BUT you can only access that feature within the innr app and bulb settings (just like Philips hue). I can’t add innr Zigbee bulb unless I have innr Zigbee hub.

One the reasons I went with Homey Pro was to help eliminate all hubs I have. Normally I would add innr bulb to Philips hue hub, but I have reached the limit on how many devices you can put on Philips hue hub. And they have yet to address the multiple hub with one account issue (supposedly this year they will allow one account to control multiple hubs).

Is there any work around? Or a way to do this?

The “official” INNR app for Homey doesn’t require an INNR hub. If the app lacks certain features (like setting the power-on state) you need to contact the developer for support.

Yes correct…but what I said was you can’t add inner bulbs to the innr app (not homey innr app, innr IOS app) without an innr bridge…thus without being able to add them to innr iOS app, can’t access the power loss state setting.

Have you actually tried the Homey INNR app to see if it provides that option?

Besides that, even if you had an INNR hub to set the feature: if you then want to add the light to Homey, you’ll have to reset it, and there’s a good chance the configuration option is reset as well.

I have two different lamp types from INNR in use, OSR 130 C and RF 264. They are connected directly to Homey, i.e. not via a Philips Hue Bridge.
I don’t know if these lamps generally support this function “Behavior after power failure”, but in the Homey INNR app this function is not available for my INNR lamps.
So the only thing you can do is contact INNR support.

1 Like

Hi @Goshawk29,
If yo can#t get along with INNR support, just check Homey Apps to store and restore device states.
I do not use them yet, but if you store the state whenever it is changed and there is a “power-up” trigger in the INNR App, you can restore the last state after the incident without need of a special functionality in the INNR App.