Ikea Vindstyrka times out connecting to 2023 Homey Pro

Hi,
I am trying to connect the Ikea Vindstyrka air quality monitor to my 2023 Homey Pro. It is the only zigbee device I want to add to my Homey Pro.
When I try to pair it using the Homey iPhone app, I get to the instruction screen to put the Vindstyrka into pairing mode, I do that and eventually the Homey app and the Vindstyrka pairing mode just time out.
I have tried to put the Vindstyrka right next to the Homey Pro with no success.
Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can fix it?

Hello Knguyen,

It should work fine:

So,
First replace the battery, even if it was delivered with a ‘new’ one; try to pair the unit again.

If that makes no difference, continue reading:
When it’s the only zigbee unit, I advice you to reset Homey’s zigbee.
Now, when you want to pair the unit again, make sure to keep it very close to Homey, just few inches/centimeters.

Thanks for the reply.
The Vindstyrka is wired (powered by a usb cable to a power plug) and so batteries are not used.
How do I reset Homey’s Zigbee?

I got it to pair by resetting the Vindstyrka by pressing its pairing button 4 times (I thought I had done that earlier but it hadn’t actually reset the unit). The Homey Pro could then pair with the Vindstyrka

1 Like

The vindstyrca device makes the athom Ikea app crash!
The memory increases and kills the Zigbee on your homey. A nightly reboot of homey is necessary.
In the meantime athom is investigating why this happens. But that proces is difficult apparently. Is an issue since end of January.
Issue on homey Pro (early 2019)