IKEA Tredansen

Hi all,

Recently I bought 4 IKEA Tredansen blinds and after some trial and error I got it all working in contradiction to various (2019) posts on this:

The blinds work by using the IKEA remote control (icw amplifier) AND Homey, both at the same time. So both wifey and Homey’s friend (me) are happy.

The blinds in Homey have all basic functions. You can open, close or set any position between 0 and 100%. When moving in any direction you can manually stop it by any button (Homey app or RC).

It did NOT work all at once, it looks like a specific order is important. Working accurately from scratch pays off, especially as after resetting it can sometimes (not always) be a pain in the neck to get it working again. Don’t give up. Here’s the drill (that works for me):

• Mount the blinds in accordance to the IKEA manual.
  • Connect the IKEA remote control in accordance to the manual.
  • Use the manual until you got it working. After resetting (don’t do that just for fun) use the correct order to re-pair components: remote to amplifier first, then remote to blinds. Yes, this may take between 1 and 10 attempts (don’t ask me why…go ask IKEA :-).
  • Test it and be happy.
  • Now add the blinds to Homey.
  • Done!
  • Test it and be happy!

I even added the remote controls to Homey (and even an amplifier), but it seems they have no role. I do monitor the battery in the device list, but I am not sure how reliable that will be.

I hope this is encouraging to consider those products. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards, Patrick

I will try it exactly like you described. 1-10 attempts is not realistic; 10-100 seems fair. This is extremely cumbersome, but I am very happy to hear that it does work in the end.

Wish me luck!

This is 100% impossible, the curtain keeps resetting upon connecting so either the connection with homey is lost or with the remote… Did you guys actually manage?

Edit: I got it to work, but only by adding the remote to the the homey app after setting everything up

I was surprised too that it worked that way. Recently (after 6 months or so) I had some failures again and couldn’t get it to work again (after 3-5 tries) so I use Homey only now too (connect both and create flow for operation). It is 100% possible because it simply worked.

I keep losing connections to both my curtains when my HP2023 receives an update, after re-pairing it works again but its quite a pain as I use the curtains with my alarm clock