Ikea Symfonisk remote for Sonos

For those using DeCONZ that would like to use the Symfonisk Remote, my PR with Symfonisk sound controller support has been merged into the master branch:

2 Likes

Athom added the Symfonisk Remote Controller on GitHub. So it will probably be available in the next app update.
If you want to know which actions are possible with it, you can have a look at the code.

3 Likes

Thank you for this update! Hoping for the app update soon, so I can try and integrate. Sounds hopeful!

Hi guys!

Is there any update regarding when we can add the Symfonisk controller to Homey?

Many thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have any new info. There was no new app update yet either.

1 Like

dun see it in the hw list yet :frowning:

There is an experimental tradfri app with the remote support. Didn’t work for me when I just tried for the first time. Maybe because the battery is already empty as the remote was waiting for the app more than a year. Also the volume settings seem confusing/incomplete?

1 Like

I don’t get the remote to work either.
So please contact Athom. I already contacted Athom also.

Can confirm issue when adding (too long time to respond after initiating inclusion), however the device gets added. But - does not work, no flow cards seem to respond on button presses

4 Likes

The info for the app is really lackluster. How/what values do I set for the volume -/+ in each flow?

I bought it yesterday as I say that the device was displayed in the list of support devices, but it doesn’t work at all. Strange that after all those months, Athom doesn’t find a solution.

3 Likes

I also bought this remote to control one of my sonos speaker.It got added easily in homey but i did struggle to control the volume because it’s really lacking of documentation but i managed to make it work now.
When the remote is rotated, a tag “value” will become available.In the Then part, select set the volume to, and select the tag “value” available.The volume works fine both up and down.

1 Like

Thank you for this.
And in addition tot his; When you go to the advanced settings of the Symfonisk button, you can adjust the step from 1 to 0.2 for example…So the volume step up/down is smaller.

1 Like

I do not see how this works…
Can you please explain a bit?

Would be great this device has never worked ! Even toggle play pause with press of a button don’t work

2 Likes

It does work! The main issue i had was with the sonos “playing now” card. This is not working for me in homey… it can’t detect properly when i’m playing something or not… In order to make it works, i used a virtual switch which turn on when i press the ikea remote and turn off when double press

Just create a flow the same as i did, it’s working

Is doesn’t here.
And it does not seem logical to me as well…
But if it is wirking, that would be great. Can you please explain a little more?

Pairing and creating flows works for me, but none of the flows gets ever triggered. :frowning:
I filed a bug report to athom

If you create a flow to control the level of your sonos:

• When : select the card “when the remote is rotated” ( there is a tag value already pre setup)
  • Then : select “set level to” for your sonos and add the tag “value” under.

The tag has a default value, you can change that value in the advanced settings of your symfonisk button. ( value scale from 0,1 to 2). This value define by how much percentage it will raise or lower the level of your sonos. I guess 0,1 = 1% and 2= 20%)