Hue outdoor mation sensor

Goodmorning,
I am trying to reduce the sensitivity of the philips hue outdoor sensor. Its allready on the lowest level in de hue-app. ( i am working with a hue-bridge ). Is it possible to collect the number of sensor readings before an action is undertaken? When I read out the sensor i see the, accu-level, light and temperature readings. No movement. Would appreciate your suggestions, Thx, Jack

That needs to be done by a flow I guess, but I’ve never read about your issue yet.

This is a way to ignore several (5 in this example) motion triggers, before turning on a light:

1 Like

Ok Peter, Thz for the reply. I will try it out

1 Like

I have the same problem with the HUE outdoor motion sensor but only when the sun light shines directly on it. Then it shows false motion detection every minute.

@Peter_Kawa: THX for the flow, I was a little bit to lazy to configure one :wink: in my case I will combine it with the detection of a high lux value.

1 Like

My problem is that the sensor triggers in the evening in the dark, picking up a moving car aroud 12 meters from the sensor. Would like to make the sensor less sensitive. Have allready put the sensor in the lowest possible movement sentitivity.

I could place black tape over the upper half of the sensor, this blockes the sensors upper view.
Another way is to lower the position on the wall. I was hoping to "cure"the issue within the software.

Sometimes devices work “too good” :stuck_out_tongue: