[HOWTO][PRO] Use SoundBoard with Google Chromecast

@Caseda so we have to wait for webApi v3? :slight_smile:

@Caseda @martijnpoppen Thanks finally, I’m able to see the mp3 path on HP2023.

@martijnpoppen I’m going wrong somewhere but where…

@Seinuh change HOMEY_IP to your homeys ip :slight_smile:

1 Like

dissolved! thanks read or copy paste :grinning:

1 Like

Followed this tutorial, you’re as always awesome @martijnpoppen!

1 Like

@martijnpoppen

thank you very much for your tutorial

1 Like

Just started using the SoundBoard app, the day before yesterday I was able to retrieve the file ID, but not anymore today (sound does not play either). Uninstalled the app, restarted homey, reinstalled the app and uploaded the mp3…. Unfortunately! Anyone an idea?

@RuudBinnendijk no idea. Contact Athom? Its their app

Thank you for your response Martijn!

Already did, but it will take 2-3 weeks for an answer…. Maybe someone else has the same problems (2 days ago there was an update: 10.0.5)
Groet van Ruud

1 Like

@martijnpoppen
Fantastic! After bugging around with sharing sound files on OneDrive and not being able to get the URLs to work, I found this.
No sharing, works on Nests and Sonos both, even gets rid of the annoying Nest casting sound.
Again, fantastic. Thank you very much!
–edit 1: oops, the cast announcement sound is still there in the nest. I’ll try the trick with lowering and raising volume that I read about.
-edit 2: nope, can’t fix that. I don’t have any way to set the sound volume back to high after about half a second. Countdown timer only gives me full second increments. On top of that, the announcement sound doesn’t always play (only when there has been no casting for a wile) so I could end up muting the first half second of the actual sound I want to play…annoying google.

1 Like

I just wanted to drop in and say that we’ve just launched an update that adds the “Cast soundboard sound” Flow card to the Chromecast App :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Doekse !

@Dijker i think we can unlist this topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes