Play music with homey and google home

So
I have google home speaker
Sotify premium
How can i play music with homey interface?
Is there a way or i need to do it manualy?

Chromecast app

i have chormcast app
and i can see my speker with it (my google home speaker)
but i am not sure how to activate music via homey and not via spotify app

What do you like to achieve?
It is for example very interesting to create a flow and start some music if for example somebody is coming home.
I used it for example on a wake up alarm. just create a flow by setting a time and choose a playlist or radio station to play.

I want to be able to play and stop music from homey app
And not go into spotify app and then stream from there to google home…

Can u shere your flow?

)

I mark the Chromecast app
But i am not sure how to work with it

Make a flow and cast a video/audio OR cast a tunein station to the chromecast

Spotify as you requested is not an option

1 Like

mmm ok
10x !

Is this feature still working? I have tried several times without any luck. Which URL should I look for if I want to start a playlist on either Youtube or Youtube Music on a Google Home Speaker (mini and the Hub).

I only use this feature with radiostations mp3 streams, that certainly works. Maybe youtube only works on google hubs with screens?

Most likely, I also tried IFTTT but no result either. :frowning:

I know this thread is old, but I had the same issue now and I found a workaround for this.

I wanted to create an advanced flow for an alarm in the morning in Homey to start playing music and gradually fading the light up over a period of time. The music I want to play on my Google Home device is a playlist in Spotify.

Given the current limitation in the Google API, you cannot play Spotify on a Google Home device from Homey. The workaround is to have two routines, one in Google Home and one in Homey.

A bit dirty, but this should work:

1. Set up an alarm routine in Google Home on the particular device, say “Bedroom”, that is triggered at 07:00, sets the volume to 0% on the Bedroom device, and starts playing the wanted playlist.

2. In an advanced flow in Homey, set up a When card at the same time, 07:00, add a 5 second delay, and add a card for pausing the music on the Bedroom device.

3. Do all the other stuff you want in the flow, and when you want to start plyaing the music, set the volume of the Bedroom device, and add a Play on the Bedroom device. The device will then unpause the previously paused playlist.