[HowTo][Modding] Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Resize user Partition on eMMC

Pls report the Bug to Athom using the official support, Guess they already know about the bigger eMMC but need to Fix something in the code (if that is the Issue)
Else they help you with the real issue why it fails.

I don’t think it’s a mistake to put CM4 with 32GB in my Homey :slight_smile:
As for the backup, it always stops in the same place “bytesRead=5498732544”

I have also seen it fail several times at the same place (Wherever that was between lets say ~50 and 100%, also verified it with Dev. Console to be every time at the same block) with my Original Homey with 8 GB eMMC, until I used another Short Cable and I guess another USB port.

I don’t assume a relation between the original 8 GB and bytesRead=5498732544, I will Let that up to Athom Developers.

Can you verify using a Linux host or Jailbreak if it is still using the same Partitioning ?

Do I need to install something? Any instructions for this?
I am currently restoring a copy from September 2023 via USB Tool and it looks like the copy is 32GB.

Is there anything else I should check? Because I currently have firmware 10.0.4-rc.9 installed?
I’m about to do a factory reset and install 10.3.2.

Looks like it’s formatted for 8GB :grimacing:

1 Like

32GB is available in Home Assistant :wink:

It’s purchased directly from Athom ? I believe they would advertise such change…

Just speculation: Or it is ‘just in the background’ to have more flash that can be used? (load balancing and spreading the read-write actions?)

My guess is that there might have been a (temporary) issue with getting 8GB modules, and they replaced it with a 32GB to be able to meet demand.

They wouldn’t advertise it because people might start expecting to get a 32GB module and will start complaining when they get the regular 8GB version :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It probably has to do with the poor availability of CM4.

I just did a complete USB backup of my 32 GB Homey Pro 2023, and had no issues. I guess that doesn’t really mean much, other than the fact that either they made some changes in the backup script, or this is an intermittent issue that depends on different factors. I used the same computer/port/cable as I have previously.

3 Likes

Maybe eMMC is dying in my Homey.
Always stops while reading “bytesRead=5498732544”

Hmm, just tried an usb backup again. They changed the script again as far as I can see (less info in console). Backup now completed successfully :+1:
CM4108032

Same here!
USB backup working on CM4108032 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I checked it and it also works. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so then they fixed it. Good! However, it would have been great to have the possibility to do this locally, so if they break it again, backups can still be made.

Yes. Exactly what I want. It is not complex to download the scripts. But did not found a way to run them locally. The older script was also giving info about % completed and what block it was reading. The console is now nearly empty. Anybody an idea humor to run this script local/offline?