How to remove a dead z-wave node

Hi
I’ve been searching the community and looked around in homey but I am not able to find a way to forcefully remove a dead z-wave node. I’m on Homey 2.0.
Any ideas would be greatful!

Regards
Tony

Plus 1 , i have multiple dead nodes ( old devices) and still present in homey.

Go to device, long press to open. Goto settings, top right, select remove device and wait… Normally you would press a button on the device but you can wait it out and the device is removed.

4 Likes

my understanding is that removing it via the devices page only removes it from the overview, not the core system. i have a faulty node that i added and remove a few times. even though i have removed all of them in the devices page, my alexa skill can still see all of them as offline devices! was hoping someone can help with this.

Take a look: http://developer.athom.com > Tools > Z-Wave. There was an Option to delete e.g. Unknown Devices. Don’t know if this Option is avaible anymore.

1 Like

Alas it isn’t. It was there for use with “unknown nodes” but it disappeared.
It is now only there for known nodes that don’t respond.

Sounds like it’s a bug that should be reported. Removing it this way results in a confirmation message that it’s in fact removed. If there are still traces of it it’s clearly something wrong.

I also have two unknown nodes, since a long time already.
No way to remove them, but they don’t do any harm either.

This is a very old still active bug. Should be fixed in 2.x

I don’t think 2.0 can fix this just like that.
As far as I understand it, it’s a node that is defined on the z-wave controller, but unknown to Homey.
So it should actively be removed from the controller, it won’t just disappear with a software update.
(disclaimer again: if I understood it correctly :smile: )

One of the 1.5 firmware’s had the possibility to do exactly that. On the “menu” part behind the devices there was a “remove” option with all the devices, even the “unknown” ones. Sometimes it worked immediately, sometimes after a few tries and reboots. There was a topic about that if i recall correctly.

I’m running 2.0 and can’t find any way to remove the node.
Guess it’s something I have to live with, or reset the entire z-wave network…
Thanks for all ideas.

Have you tryed this written above in this Post:

It isn’t:

Just tested.
Open app , goto devices ,long press on dead node, settings wheel , remove device, wait for a very long time ( some time out ) message will appear with device is removed.
Tested it on multiple dead nodes from different vendors

Cheers Marco

there are no dead nodes in the devices list of the app… i only can see the dead nodes in the developer.athom site
and there i cant delete them… like @PetervdK shown

1 Like

That worked for me.
Just had to be really patient.
Thanks a lot!

Okey story continues

Seems like their is a difference between dead and unknown node.

Yesterday I tested in the app with dead nodes removing and this is working like a charm.

Today in logged in the backend via developers.athom.com and see a lot of unknown devices. Those can’t be removed , there is no remove button behind the dotted lines only heal and send on or off state.

Just my 2 cents
Marco

3 Likes

Same here.

1 Like