How do I integrate all HomeKit devices into homey?

Hi

I have a mixture of devices connected into HomeKit, some via homebridge, some via Hubitat and some via homey

There’s a mixture of lightwave lightswitches and hue bulbs , ring security and eufy cameras etc.

One way or another all are visible in HomeKit but I’d like to be able to use homey as the automation logic but it cannot see all the non homey connected devices

Is there any way of fixing this ?

Will matter fix it ? If so will this come to an original homey pro user like myself ?

Thanks for any advice

Not with just Homey, there is no HomeKit Controller app for Homey that would make that possible. Even if it were possible, you would have to make a choice by which controller your HomeKit devices should be controlled, because AFAIK a HomeKit-enabled device can only be controlled by one controller (either iOS or Homey, not both).

Possibly only if Athom’s idea of Matter integration also means implementing a Matter client (as opposed to just a Matter server that exposes Homey devices to Matter). I don’t know if they are planning that.

(I say “possibly” because the one-controller-limitation might also apply to Matter).

I believe Matter will only be made available for the new Homey Pro, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

It’s such a shame if they don’t make this possible.

The ONE thing homey has that makes it special is the really clever and simple way to create intricate logic for automating.

Apart from my own need, So many friends want solutions to automation and ask advice and they all have invested in devices etc already and homey doesn’t support them, I keep checking and inevitably end up building a homebridge or Hubitat… I’d love to be able to recommend homey for its strength but unless they find a way to suck in status info so they can automate it’s just pointless expecting someone to pay so much for a device and on top of that replace everything else.

If apple wake up and create a decent gui way of creating complex logic in HomeKit homey will be in trouble. They’d be demoted to aggregating integration and in that world they’re unnecessarily expensive

It’s very possible to write a Homey app that would do this, it’s just that there aren’t any developers who have (there have been attempts in the past, but those were abandoned).

Guys,

Is there any update / news on this topic? I just received the new Homey Pro, and facing that I cant connect homekit devices into it, which makes useless the whole thing. :frowning:

Thanks
Zoltan

1 Like

No. There isn’t a HomeKit controller app, and AFAIK no one is looking at making one.

Depending on the type of devices you have, perhaps it’s possible to connect them to Homey in a different way.

That is very-very sad to hear. Unfortunately I have a tons of homekit only supported devices at my home. No mqtt, nothing else just homekit. I wanted to centralise and simplify my smart home with one hub - Homey, but it seems I cant do this. :frowning:

Someone also mentioned Matter for me, but I cant see the point how it can solve any problem for this.
I don’t think that homekit will ever expose any device to another hub.

Anyway thanks for your answer!

1 Like

Hi Zoltan,
DId you every find a way of doing this? I also have several “native” homekit devices and am trying to expose them to Homey…

Thanks for any update!

Jan-Bart

There is still no HomeKit Controller app for Homey.

1 Like

It wouldn’t work for a ton of HomeKit devices, but I used a combination of Virtual devices, HomeKit automations, and flows.

So for example, I have a light switch that I can only add to HomeKit. I previously had this switch turning off/on two bedside lamps using Thread Smart Plugs. I replaced these smart plugs with Third Reality Zigbee plugs so I could expose them to my Homey Pro 2023. Unfortunately, this broke my automation in HomeKit. BTW, I am using the HomeKit experiment in Homey Pro, so all my Homey devices are exposed to HomeKit. So here’s how I fixed it:

1. I installed the Virtual Devices app in Homey Pro
  2. I created a virtual device in Homey Pro using Virtual Devices app (an On/Off switch)
  3. This device now shows up in HomeKit (I named it a dummy switch and put it in my server closet so as to not clutter up that room/zone)
  4. I created an automation in Homekit that controls the virtual switch with my HomeKit only light switch
  5. I created a flow in Homey Pro that controls the lamps based on the position of the Virtual switch

It works! Obviously, this is a lot of work for a single device. But, if you only have a few devices that you want to send from HomeKit to Homey Pro…this works. At least for a basic switch. I haven’t tried for more complex devices yet.

Check out HomeKit Controller App för Homey | Homey.