Homeys geofencing stopped working

Hi All,

The title basically says the issue. I used the geofencing function for homey for over 12months now without any issues. But since 3 days both my girlfriend and me are not registered going out or inside the house.

Is there any way to make this work again? I have switched phones from S20 to S22 and my girlfriend still has the same phone. Both not working anymore.

I already tried restarting but that didn’t help, also reinstalling the app on the phone is not working.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes had the same 3 days ago.
After a rebooting homey for me it worked again

After several restart its still not working on my end. Anyone else is having this issue?

Same for me! Seems to have started about five days ago here as it worked the last time 29th of November. That actually corresponds to the three days reported in the OP. Nothing obvious happened in terms of software updates or anything in that period to the best of my knowledge. Restart of phone and Homey does not alleviate the issue. Also tried to disable/re-enable Home/away detection etc. Best

1 Like

Same for me! All my family 30 November stop working. All of us use Samsung phones. Dont work at all.

1 Like

Thanks, I filed a bug report to Athom. Hopefully it will be addressed quickly.

It is a problem in the new Mobile App, Athom has confirmed that and is working on a solution.

3 Likes

same here, samsung user aswell tryd every basic solution that came to mind with 0 results. Atleast a stable result every try

Her too, unfortunately.
I was already testing another solution.

the locative app with a web-hook (unfortunately only iOS)
I used this video Athom Homey- Geofencing met locative - YouTube
Kudos for him (only in Dutch unfortunately)

I always like backup methods, like my phone connected with wifi as well

Fortunately, since the last update for Samsung last week, the geofencing is working again!

New Homey app update claims that this has been fixed in the iOS 6.11.11 version. I hope it is.

For me it is resolved by the new android mobile app.

Presence sensing is very flaky for me, too - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, and flows that depend on it aren’t working. Pixel 7 Pro, app updated on December 25.

I also installed the update for the android app a few weeks ago, but it is not consistent with me either. It doesn’t always work (Samsung Galaxy S21).

In case you didn’t know, is your location setting “Find homey’s location automatically” switched off? That seems to give much better results.
The phone’s Energy saver settings should not be set too low.

Hi all,

I am having some issues with Homey geofencing on my wife Pixel 7 running Android 14 and latest update of Homey app. It works for 1, 2days but after that nothing at all - no location updates in Homey.

All the obvious settings have been checked:

• Location permission changed to always allow
  • Unrestricted battery usage
  • Mobile data and Wifi are on

When looking on the phone Settings - Location. It seems like that Location is shared with the Homey app but this then do not trigger a change in location.