HomeyKit

Hello, I’ve added a device (HM-PB-2-WM55-2) using the Homematic app.

This device appears in the Homey, but apparently it is not recognized by HomeyKit and therefore not passed on to HomeKit. What can I do?

For those interested, see my answer on Github.

1 Like

Thank you for this great app. Will it be safe to update to ios 13/ipad os this Thursday ?

Homeykit hasn’t been tested for iOS 13 yet. I’ll check and see if it works when iOS 13 is released (which is easy for me because I don’t rely on Homey anymore) and report back.

I can confirm that the app HomeyKit v3.0.10 works with iOS 13.1 public beta 2.
Public Beta 3 not yet installed.

1 Like

Wow thanks for this app! Amazing… Just one problem,
I can not add my Aqara Wireless Switch, door/window and vibration sensor to HomeKit from the app. Is it a fix? Right now I must use them in Xiaomi app to get them to HomeKit, I wanna use Homey and HomeKit :slight_smile:

• Switches don’t make sense within the context of Homekit because it’s an output-only device.
  • The door/window sensor should be supported.
  • The vibration sensor uses custom capabilities, which Homeykit doesn’t support.

Ahh ok thanks… my mistake, I didn’t have the door window sensor in, will try it tonight:) if I buy a Aqara temperature sensor will it work?

Can u tell me the usecase for a window/doorsensor in Homekit?

Is that a serious question?!

Can u tell me the usecase for a window/doorsensor in Homey?!

1 Like

Actually it was yes. In Homey i use it to turn on the light. What u use it for in Homekit?

A lot of users use homekit as a dashboard, me too.
What homey offers is ridiculous! And Homeydash is not an alternative for me.

Use in HomeKit Automations with HomeKit devices.

Ah, ok. Was just asking u know. As a Homeydash.com user am not using any other dashboard ofc and using Homeykit to talk to Siri to turn on the lights or ask if there is any beer left in the barrel. Had some strange thoughts about asking Siri to turn off the door sensor. Sorry for the confusion.

But You can ask Siri
if the window or door is closed! :wink:

:beers:

If (bedroom)door sensor is closed AND there are 2 peeps inside AND Roco is not at home THEN sound the alarm. I get it, cheers.

1 Like

Seems like HomeKit doesn’t forward the “Invert movement” parameter from Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 to Apple Home. While the blinds function totally fine inside the Homey app and with the physical switch, with Siri and Apple Home the blinds move in the wrong direction. But only the blinds which I have set the parameter “invert Movement” to yes in Homey.

Is there a hope that this will be updated soon? At the moment it’s the only limitation for me to use HomeyKit and Siri. Sadly I can’t swap the cables for the motors easily.

This is an app-specific setting for the Fibaro app, which Homeykit doesn’t have access to, so it has no way of knowing if the direction should be inverted.

The option is there inside the Fibaro App with Homey. So where is the info lost or who does have to hand it over to Home via HomeyKit?

Apps cannot access each other’s settings. Apart from that, Homeykit aims to be as generic as possible, adding exceptions for specific apps makes Homeykit dependent on those specific apps (any changes in the app could cause Homeykit to stop working properly).

Ok. But what’s the solution? The info is there in Homey and Fibaro. Sounds like HomeyKit just needs to take over the correct direction out of there. Instead of ignoring the function.