Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Meanwhile u could make a virtual device and call it Homey 2 and put it in ur favorites in the first spot?

:+1:

How do i get the values such as current temp lighting level etc in the icons/buttons itself?

I only see the values when i press them and they popup, on several screenshots i see that they are constantly visible.

I tried the online version and the local version (running on my NAS) but on both i do not get those values.

press and hold for a longer period on devices with a number capability.

Thx.
Is there a way to enable this by default?

When using a kobo reader does this also work using home.ink ?

@DaneedeKruyff I have a suggestion for another feature. Would it be possible to show for sensor devices (thermometers etc) an overview of all measured values when you press it (temperature, humidity, etc?)? Same press used for lights to get the dim slider pop-up Iā€™m thinking off.

At the moment I can only see one value on the tile, which is fine, but sometimes I would like to see the others as well.

Just an idea, nice to have :slight_smile:

Koen

PS posted this suggestion first in the Dutch homeydash topic by accidentā€¦

1 Like

Then you should use visit Homey.ink. With a little (and some more) tweaking of the code it is possible to do that thereā€¦

1 Like

U mean ofc: u can download the files for Homeydash and host it on ur own server. That way u can tweak whatever u like.

1 Like

I know, and I could, but also like the easy use of homeydash.com. In general Iā€™m very happy with the online version.

It is just a suggestion for @DaneedeKruyff, if he doesnā€™t see any use, also fine. Iā€™m just hoping to inspire him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good suggestion, I had this in mind when making the slider popup.

I am however not sure if I am willing to spend more of my spare time into homeydash.com, the recent comments made by Athom on Slack have taken away all motivation.

2 Likes

You are not making it for them, you are making it for the community and hopefully also for yourself. So whatever they said, please donā€™t give up, we donā€™t have alternative and it will be a realy pity for everyone else except Athom.

13 Likes

How utterly sad!

I am speechless.

Man, donā€™t give up. As @Sharkys said, you have and are doing this for the community.

As per those comments that Athom made on Slack, well I donā€™t often jump on peopleā€™s throat (other than those that broke the Fibaro app and my RGBW works like crap now with no white channel, app which is in fact Athomā€™s app and totally incapable to fix it) but here Mr @Emile hitting such developers like Danee of whom contribution on your Homey sales is perhaps incommensurable, not wise Mr @Emile. The reason I give you my money and buy a Homey Pro end of this month is because the homeydash.com, so maybe it is time to apologies to this awesome man and thank him for the increase revenue. Yes, he made ā€œsome beer moneyā€ from us donating him on PayPal but you as a company make more and continuous sales from him giving a much better perspective to the potential Homey buyers.
Bloody hell, I get upset now thinking how many apps by Athom are just not working properly. Look at the community apps, those devs response in fixing reported bugs is so fast. Well, unless they canā€™t fix things because Homey has issues e.g. Zigbee.
Have I mentioned the name @Emile ?? :thinking:

Sorry mods, a bit off topic my post. So I bring some on topic stuff, I am thinking to buy an Alexa Show 5. Has anyone got the dashboard working with it? It has an internet browser so my guess, it should work. Thank you in advance for your answers.

P.S. Mr. @Emile donā€™t worry, I love my Homey and I keep bragging about it to all the people I meet and discuss HA related stuff. But you better apologies to Danee and FAST!

9 Likes

Hi @DaneedeKruyff, off course that would be very sad but I also have seen the comments so I cant say that it surprises me and to be honest I cant even blame you if you would stop with HomeyDash.
The only thing I can say is that I and the community very appreciate your work and can only hope you find the necessary support and respect here to keep amazing us with the work you do!

Its because of you and @Rocodamelshekima and all the other developers that Homey is what it is, hopefully the team @ Athom will see that also and find a better way to support, respect their developers!!

Thanks!

4 Likes

dont give up! i love the homeydash, it works very well on my wall and is very usefull, every day. thank you for your great work!

4 Likes

I know what this is all about and itā€™s a sad story indeed. But I have to make one thing clear:
We are not stopping with Homeydash.com!!
Danee means further developing and adjusting , not quitting Homeydash.com!!

4 Likes

Hi, I used Homeydash on Alexa Show 1.
Putting the URL there was not so easy. I just created a forward link with that token-url on my nas/webserver to call it easily on Alexa and store the forwarded url as favorite in silk (Alexas browser).

1 Like

Hi. can someone past a link to Athoms statement? I havenā€™t seen it yet and just want to know their position. Thanks.

Itā€™s not just 1 statement and it has nothing to do with Homeydash.com in particular!

When I follow the setup instructions everything goes well up to and including the homey.ink webpage, my on/off device tiles are showing and are working.

Next I change the url and replace ā€˜app.homey.ink/?theme=kobo-h20ā€™ with ā€˜homeydash.com/?theme=webā€™.

The result is that the device tiles do not show up in homeydash. Instead there is just 1 empty tile on the screen. The flows are there and can be (de)activated via homeydash.

Is there something Iā€™m doing wrong?