Homey v2.2.0-rc.4 cannot access app settings anymore

In the release notes, they said that some functions regarding the IP camera function become availibe after installing app version 2.4.0 wich is not released yet. They changed something in the app SDK. So maybe that has something todo with it. Don’t know.

Edit: with a “ptp” always wait 10 minutes.

Pull the plug did not work for me. I’m using an android device. My girlfriend is using an iPhone and on her homey, she can access the settings! So it seems to be an app related bug in the android version I think?

Edit: she cannot acces my homey as well…

No errors. Just a faded template of an app setting page and a loading icon. Never seem to end… just loading

Did not work for me either. Had it unplugged for half an hour… bummer…

Did you try to reboot you’re phone, and/or re-install the app ??

No Problem here, updated homey and app, using android and Ipad

Ok. So now, not doing anything it suddenly work…
:+1:t2:

I’ve rebooted Homey, my phone, re-installed the app, still nothing here… The app is running fine, but just cannot get access to the settings page of apps.

I dont have acces anymore to the app settings either.

I have the new app updated today and also updated homey.

I see rc5 is released. Would that solve your problem?

No, unfortently it is not solved.

The issue is only when you are connected to homey via the cloud instead of a local connection.

If it still doesn’t work when going from cloud to local (connected to the network where homey is also connected to), force close the app and reopen, that should fix it, as it might still get routed via cloud before the force close.

1 Like

You are completly right.
Just tried that scenario and can confirme that is the issue

Athom confirmed on slack:

WeeJeWel [7:51 PM]
FYI there’s a bug in v2.2.0 that prevents app settings & add device from working when connected outside your own Wi-Fi network. We’re working to resolve the issue this weekend.

2 Likes

I also cant install new apps off the app store either on rc.4, and rc.5
ill go power down the things now

@glenn_clough it can be that even though the app store says homey is offline, it will probably still install the app.
This issue talking about here does not correspond to installing of apps, it showing the offline message is a different (visual only) bug.

thanks, i see how that feature :slight_smile: works now… app is there despite what the installer said

@Caseda, I have exactly the same problem… when on the same network

Reboot the mobile app (so force close it, then re-open), that should fix it, without that it can still be using a cloud connection, even when on the same network.

New Information about this bug:

WeeJeWel [7:51 PM 24/05/2019]
FYI there’s a bug in v2.2.0 that prevents app settings & add device from working when connected outside your own Wi-Fi network. We’re working to resolve the issue this weekend.

WeeJeWel [8:31 PM 25/05/2019]
This issue has been solved in v2.2.0-rc.6

2 Likes