Homey Pro just pulsates purple. It has been running for over 4 hours with the update. What is wrong?

Updating the homey pro won’t finish, it asked for an update but just pulsates purple. It has been running for over 4 hours with the update. What is wrong?

https://community.homey.app/search?q=purple%20ring

I followed the link, read it. But nothing helped me. Do you have any other suggestions?

So you already changed the power supply, reset Homey, did a PtP ánd when that didn’t work you contacted Athom support (as stated in the very first link on the result page)?

Frans_Verhoeven

Jan '21

Yes,

tried just to restart homey upside down and than power reconnected . Now I was able to reset Homey and start up succesfully.
Awaiting to see that it will stay working well.
Last few days Homey now and than stayed running with a red led ring, so no connection with wifi. However didn’t change the wifi system in our house. ???

Thanks anyway for the quick response.

Kind regards,

Frans

Dijker

Jan '21

That sounds as a defective usb power adapter! Please unplug and change the adapter for another USB 5 Volt 2 Amp (2000 mA)
That should make Homey stable again.
You don’t want to do a firmware update with an defective adapter.

1 Like

Yes i have tried to change the power supply, but it didn’t help. It lights up in orange and after five to ten sec it gets back to purple. And i have also deleted the homey pro from my account. I copied the diagnostic ID code which is: 06B6D0 before i deleted it

Did you change the cable as well? There’s cases where it came out faulty.

Yes I tried new power supply (5w-2a) and new cable as well.

Tried to restart upside down and then power reconnected as well, with no positive respons