Homey Pro Backups (formerly Homey+) subscription

After 2 years if you want to continue to backup - you could pay the 10,- a year - but as an incentive to upgrade it would help. That was all i’m saying.

I’m not certain I’ll upgrade due to the lackluster wireless experience with both Homey ZB/ZW. My GBP 45,- Philips Hue does Zigbee a LOT better than Homey - so now most of my lights are moved to the Philips Hue Bridge.

But back on track - from a business perspective it would make sense to offer 1-2 years free with purchase.

Did anyone already see this? I logged in at homey.app and I see this… But nothing yet to be found on Homey v4 on the forum, or I can’t find it ;).

Price seems to be 99 euro cent per month…

:rofl:

1 Like

I think you maybe missed the previous 83 posts? :thinking::joy:

That’s what happens when the moderator moves around topics. His post was initially a separate topic that got merged with this one.

Backup was free with vera. Im supprised that it wasn’t one of the first things they implemented in homey when it was still beta. I mean, it would have saved me from a lot of problems and a lot of time back then. Now that it grown resonably stable there is less need for it for me. But yes in case of hardware failure it would be nice to not have to redo a few hundred flows and settings.
10€ a year seems not much but it only need flows, z-wave,zigbee,434,868 and settings , the rest is downloadable or allready in the homey. So not more then a few Mb total… in this perspective its a lot of money they’ll earn from it. I mean i have mega.cz account with 50gb for free and they don’t charge me for their software implementation (which is 100% flawless unlike homey)… so all in all, i really have no problem with paying if this means homey can upgrade their software ,skills, timeframe of fixes (yes the ones we need as customer and not the fancy stuff 95% of the users don’t use) and keep things running for years to come. And seriously , please adjust the company policy to fix first and add stuff later. Nobody needs energy options or other special option if their freakin device ain’t even supported or works 100% .

2 Likes

Its a kind of "hostage situation", serious users do need to backup up their data, in my opinion they could rather use subscription on their apps or support. The amount is not of concern, its the principle!

3 Likes

Indeed. They started with a great plan and a lot of great ideas which they all worked hard for and with pleasure. Until some greedy person came and started to mess things up with a store that sells stuff more expensive then you find on internet and force the diehard user people to pay for backups and such. Homey pro ? Yes a lot of us need that, if it was only to have it and feel that everything runs faster and can hold more devices. Homey ditching speech and mic ? Yes ! A bummer but we got a far superior google home connect instead. Payed cloud backup ? WHAT ?? . Overprized store ? Really ? … taking over apps that now suck because they dont make time to fix it ? Why ?? We have a hardworking community that does a far better job at it.
I guess this is what happens if you let someone do the marketing and company policies whom just came from school or some other company and doesnt have a clue whats going on in reality. It really annoys me. Run it the way that was envisioned to us and keep the original promises and you sell a lot and make plenty of money for a normal living and most of all keep everybody happy and not wondering what the heck they messed up this time.

1 Like

so if we can backup, it will be easier to upgrade to a Homey Pro. (since the limits of normal Homey are reached fairly fast).
But since the specs of the Homey Pro are also not that high end, when will they come with a new improved Homey V2 Pro? after six months we have upgraded to Pro???

You mean like the iPhone, iPhone 2,3,4,4s,5,5s,6,6s,7,8,X etc - dell - intel - nvidea - or any other hardware company ever? Who periodically upgrade their hardware And have been doing so for the last 30 years?

I can’t say I really understand your point perhaps you could clarify?

He’s saying Pro doesn’t really seem that ‘Pro’

Can you stay ontopic? This topic is the new subscription! Not about hardware or backup.

Homey 4.0 experimental is online:

Homey v4.0.0-rc.5 experimental

• Introducing Homey Cloud Backups. Update the Homey app to v4 or higher to get started!
  • Experimental updates can now be disabled
2 Likes

Ok. Lets go for it!

:+1:

2 Likes

Yup, just bought it too

App not in store yet overhere

bought it too. waiting now for android-app-update. it seems that my pro (he is in his original packinging since nearly a year in the closset) will see the daylight in the upcoming days. it is like christmas, eastern and birthday on the same day. :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Did you updated to 4.0? Any problems?

No. All works since the Update fine.