Homey Pro 2023 vs Conbee zigbee

Question, as I have got a early 2016 model and I like it very much.
But not the zigbee as we all know it’s zigbee hardware is not great.
So I got a work around for that with a raspberry and a Conbee stick, which works great.
Only got a bit of delays now and then but that can be the WiFi also.

But now I want to know if the hardware of the new 2023 model (all ready got a pre order) is better then the Conbee or what the difference are?

Can wait to get everything on one system!

No one will be able to answer this question until the new Homey is in use. I myself also use the Conbee Stick and am just as curious about the answer to your question.

I guess we’ll have to wait for the new 2023 model to actually be able to comment on that.

Theoretically, the new hardware should be much better than the existing hardware, but it’s not just a matter of hardware but also software, and deCONZ has many more features (OTA, binding, grouping, etc) than Homey does. I haven’t read anything about that being improved with the new hardware (also because the current old hardware also supports these features, they were just never implemented by Athom).

So fingers crossed then :wink:

Has anyone already had experience with Conbee vs Zigbee on Homey Pro 2023?

Why do I have to keep the device near Homey Pro 2023 when adding Zigbee devices?
If I do it via the Conbee II (VM Synology) I can just add it at the location where the Zigbee device is.

Without more information nobody can answer that. For example, how large is your Conbee network vs your Homey network (in terms of routers, especially)?

I understand what you are saying.
I think it’s a standard notification from the app you use to add Zigbee. E.g. Aqara.
Basically they might assume you don’t have Zigbee routers?

And of course the app cannot see how many routers you have and how good the network is.

What I mean is that via Deconz you can add everything throughout the house with the Deconz stick just at 1 location. And with Homey Pro 2023 you should add it near the Homey. As an example, I can simply add a sensor in the attic with Deconz while the stick is in the meter cupboard. And with Homey I would have to walk down to do the add next to Homey.

Then you also get completely different connections in your Zigbee network, don’t you?

No, you shouldn’t: Zigbee devices should be added at the location where you want to use them. If the app says you should add it next to Homey, the app is wrong.

1 Like