Homey Pro 2023 disconnect frequently

Hi,
Since 1or 2 months, Homey is frequently inaccessible.
Google assistant cannot communicate with a device or cannot connect to Homey.
If I open the android mobile app, the app consider the Homey box offline or is unreachable.
If I look at the box, spectrum led is running normally.
Randomly, 2, 5 minutes after it works correctly.

I contacted the support and the adapter has been changed without success. Always the same issue.

Daily,it is becoming unpleasant.

Is someone is face to the same issue?

Regards,
William

2 Likes

Try a different (better) power cable.

2 Likes

As @robertklep suggested, replace the USB-C cable. I had the same problem and replacing the usb cable by a shielded one solved it

1 Like

Does it also help for wifi connected Pro 23’s?
To me it sounds like the old ordinary offline (but actually not) bug.

Thanks guys,

I’ll try! (Also adviced by support) :+1:t2:

William

The 2-to-5-minutes-and-it-works-again sounds like a power issue, like a power dip. But it’s difficult to say, with the many issues and equally many possible solutions nowadays :man_shrugging:t3:

Fair enough. But true, there’s a bit too many “oddities”

I use here a 30 cm short usb-C cable. After this I got a very stable result. Homey get from that moment 5.25 V from usb supply.

I changed the cable.

What could explain the cable cause this issue ?

Athom should take in charge this problem and send a new cable to all customer having this problem.

High resistance so too much voltage drop, probably.

It sounds like support doesn’t even know about this problem, which has been known in the community for over a year now. I guess that’s what you get when you don’t follow your own community forum… :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Hi Robert,

Yes, the support seems aware of this:

"Thank you for your reply and I am sorry to hear that the replacement of your power adapter has not resulted in a better experience.

If you have not already done so, could you also try to use a different USB-C cable to see if that changes your experience? If this also fails to resolve the issue, Could you please read the following article:
https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/7263435817116-Connecting-Homey-Pro-Early-2023-to-a-PC-Mac-with-USB

Could you please connect your Homey Pro (Early 2023) to a PC/Mac and choose the “Software Update” option on your Homey Pro using the Homey Pro USB Tool?"

1 Like