Homey keynote - 12 October 2022

:joy: :rofl: :upside_down_face:

This one ? :wink:

as there is no new FCC applications from Athom there is probably no new hardware. Homey bridge was filed in FCC over a year before the homey cloud announcement

1 Like

It won’t be new hardware. Athom would otherwise be better than James Bond in secrecy.
I still suspect a new dashboard for € 25.

1 Like

Or it isn’t submitted for FCC like the current Homey Pro …
Or is is submitted for FCC but still under the FCC No-publication embargo that lasts a couple of months? (6 months Default if I remember?)

Maybe it’s an admission that they’ve failed to get Homey out of beta status after more than a year.
The compromise of having a subset of the available apps with no up front investment is dropped, hence the “No Compromise” tag line.

3 Likes

and all of us that bought a homey bridge will get discount on a pro?

My guess is that homey is going to enter the decoration scene and sell massive led ring wall lamps and dummy Homeys that just have a led ring you can controll.

Maybe aparell too… homey tshirts, earrings for the missus. Homey coffee mugs… think of the merchandizing options that are yet to be explored

3 Likes

oliver-hardy-stan-laurel

Haha! Different company… :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it’s hardware

NEWWWWW HARDWARE!!! Great news. My early 2016 did a great job but will retire as soon as possible

4 Likes

Was hoping the web app got an update first. And then the normal app before announcing new hardware…

Loving the new hardware and would buy instantly…

Read that there is no migration though…. I really not looking forward to setting up everything again…

That means opening up walls to press fibaro buttons, creating all new flows…

My homey setup is a labor of love over many years :frowning:

I also would miss the speaker… i use homeys voice a lot… my house is full of alexa speakers but it is not possible to use those for the purpose of speaking text…

Damned…

Soo 400 euro for a raspberry pi then… Lets call it inflation

1 Like

ETHERNET! ETHERNET! :raised_hands:t2:
And Matter…:+1:t2:
And Thread…:+1:t2:

Great work, peeps! :smiley:

Edit: just (pre-)ordered. Including ethernet, yes :wink:

3 Likes

Can not wait, have already ordered - the hardware looks superb, not just that but the external looks amazing also. 5Ghz and Ethernet is a plus, also the bridge as a satellite is superb. Migration gives me a good opportunity to tidy everything up - just like reformatting and reinstalling a PC, especially with advanced flow. Looking forward to my homey not maxing out on RAM/Storage as it is currently.

1 Like

Wauw, this is amazing!

Real nice!

I don’t have any beter words for it!

Edit:

No migration? really? Not just a backup-recovery like with Homey to Homey Pro?

Hey @Emile, is it true you cannot migrate/recover into your new Homey Pro 2023?

1 Like

Are you also getting 5 order confirmations per minute? I hope it stops before I’m going to sleep

Yes new hardware what i do with 2019 version?
And ehternet adaptor.
No discount with the old 2019?
Can it work with sattleliet to?