[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

Pressing one of the Harmony device icons (Turn on/off) now gives the following error: “Cannot read property ‘ip’ of undefined”

Sonos and Google home devices from Harmony gives a different error: “Promise was rejected with falsy value”

@MbenzNo Do you have 1 harmony hub in your setup or are you working with multiple hubs?

I only have one hub and one remote.

@MbenzNo could you try the following:

• Remove one of your devices paired with homey
  • Add the device again through the pairing wizard
  • Test if it now started working

When not (please tell me if this is the case)

• Restart the app
  • Test if the newly (re)added device works now

It does look like your harmony hub for some reason got a new internal id.

Please let me know your findings!

Thanks!

Jeroen

Adding the Harmony devices again did the trick. After editing my flows with the new devices it is working again.

@MbenzNo thanks for this! Interesting though that your Logitech Harmony Hub changed its internal id. Have to find a trick somehow how to get around this interesting fact.

For now, to anyone who is experiencing this app crash/non-working Device turned on/off trigger card:
I am very sorry but please:

• remove any paired device on your homey
  • add the devices again through the pairing wizard on homey
  • repair your flows
1 Like

I noted that most of the devices got different/new icons than before. If you are not deleting the devices before adding them again, You will get double up - one working and the other (old) not working.

Do you mean remove the paired devices in Homey, or remove the devices from your Harmony? I hope it’s not the latter. I guess I’ll wait till the official 2.0.7 comes out, I’'ll work around the crashing app for now.

@Raytestrak homey side.

@jreenen, I was at work and could not test 2.0.6. But the good news, I just went from 2.0.5 to 2.0.7 and everything seems to be working again :slight_smile::+1:

1 Like

V2.0.7 is waiting on Athom’s approval.

2 Likes

it does nor seem to find my hub
i did a hub ptp for 5 min
i did a homey restart
i did a remove app and install new app (2.07)
i did a new install wifi on hub and a new install wifi on homey
both same wifi network but it dont find the hub
wasent there a way to add it trough ip?

homey 5.0.0-rc.38

it did find the hub 2 or 3 days aggo but when i added it went right offline according to homey
update
yees lol i typed this and did again a hub reboot and then tryed to add it straid away as soon as the led from the hub turn green and it worked
seems that when you wait to long it could not find it anymore.
now i stop fideling with it lol
if its not broke dont touch it lol

Works like a charm here. Thanks @jreenen!

Thanks again for the updated app.
Previously I went to a sideloaded xmpp because of the App Store version of the app makes my Hub sluggish.

Yesterday I installed 2.07 and again, when the Homey non Xmpp app is running my Harmony hub becomes sluggish. I notice it when browsing trough my Apple TV menu, when I disable the app the Harmony Hub becomes way more responsive.

Turns out I do have a problem with 2.0.7 (or with my remote). Any flow that contains ‘activity starting’ gets disabled when I start an activity via my remote or via the Homey App. I haven’t changed anything regarding to key repeats and it was working prior to 2.0.4.

edit:
I thought it might be because I triggered a lot of other flow when starting an activity, but that’s not the case. I made a new flow that only does a small task when an activity is started and that flow is disabled too when triggered.

edit2 & 3:
Yesterday the problem was very consistent, I tried it many many times. Today it works just fine? Maybe it was just an incident. I’ve added a ‘say something’ test. When I start the activity on my remote, the flow is triggered twice.

@ljsvv
Working on refactoring for the upcoming version that should greatly reduce the traffic generated from the app towards the hub. Connectivity will change from real-time to a pull mechanism that periodically checks if anything has changed on the harmony hub.

@Raytestrak
The double flow-triggering only happens when you use the remote?
Did you submitted a manual crash report with this comment on v2.0.7:
Trigger not working

1 Like

Both via Homey and via the remote. But … I think the problem was related to my hub. I’ve reset it and now I only hear one activity starting and my flows aren’t disabled anymore. Since no one else seems to have mentioned this issue, I think it can be considered an incident that coincided with the update with the update to 2.0.7

1 Like

Hello, I have a small problem with this app. It’s mostly working fine with my 4 Harmony Hubs, but quite frequently and randomly one or more of the hubs will start showing as offline in Homey, even though I know it isn’t. When I restart the app on Homey, it reconnects fine.

Unfortunately I cannot find a reliable way to automate restarting of the app (there is no trigger for devices going offline, only for not reporting which is not the same thing).

Can you provide any advice please?