[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

Harmony Hub

Bugs/Feature requests

Found a bug or want to request a feature feel free to create an issue here: Issues · rkokkelk/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub · GitHub

Version history

v2.0.x

• New option to add activities as a device.
  • If an activity is recognized as a television activity it will use the Homey built-in TV class and e.g. let Homey respond to: Ok Homey, turn on tv
  • Capabilities for on/off, channel up/down, volume up/down/mute are now mapped on devices and activities that has support for them.
  • If your hub for some reason goes offline all attached devices and activities will be set to unavailable until it is back online.
  • When you add a device or activity on the Logitech harmony app those changes will get synced, so an app restart is no longer needed when changes occur on the hub.
  • Added allot of new icons to use on devices, almost every device type has its own icon now. If you already have a device paired and want to use the new icon you unfortunately have to delete and re-add it.
  • An app settings options that makes it possible to send me a diagnostic report if you are experiencing a hard to trace bug in this app (only use this when i ask for it)
  • Fixed incompatiblity with Logitech Harmony Hub firmware v4.15.250

v1.4.x

• App is rewritten to utilize the websockets API instead of XMPP (which got disabled by logitech). Again a big thank you to @denniedegroot for your big help in this.

v1.3.x

• Added starting activity trigger to be informed an activity is about to start.
  • Added a repeat argument to the send command action (e.g. for adjusting the volume by more than just one step).
  • Added an inactivity trigger to be informed when the hub is being inactive for a specified period.
  • Added a activity comparing condition

A special thanks to @denniedegroot who added on/off functionality for smart home devices and will help me on this project whenever time allows him to.

v1.2.x

• Instead of always using the power toggle command use the power on and power off when they are available and fallback to the power toggle command when they are not available. This solves an issue with devices that don’t support the power toggle command
  • Fixed an issue where on powering off an activity, an activity started trigger got raised on the previous activity instead of an activity stopped trigger.
  • For improved stability and future features, a new connection library has been written for the Homey Harmony App.
  • If an activity has been started/stopped by an external source (e.g. the Logitech Harmony Remote), the app picks up on this event and updates the device states accordingly and triggers the applicable flow cards.
  • You can now use a flow condition card for your device to check if it is/isn’t turned on.

v1.1.x

• Pairing of devices connected to the harmony hub
  • A mobile card supporting the power toggle functionality of the device
  • An action card for sending a specific command to the Harmony device using homey flows.
  • Action cards for starting/stopping a hub activity
  • Trigger cards for device is turned on/off
  • Trigger cards for activity is started/stopped
  • Syncing the device on-off state based on the current hub activity

v1.0.0

• Initial release (never hit the Athom store)

Github link: GitHub - rkokkelk/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub: Harmony hub support for Homey

2 Likes

At the moment I am performing the last testing on v1.3.0 the following topics will be included in the upcoming beta release:

• Added starting activity trigger to be informed an activity is about to start.
  • Added a repeat argument to the send command action (e.g. for adjusting the volume by more than just one step).
  • Added an inactivity trigger to be informed when the hub is being inactive for a specified period.
  • Added a activity comparing condition

A special thanks to @denniedegroot who added on/off functionality for smart home devices and will help me on this project whenever time allows him to.

3 Likes

@Paul_Kessels I think the activity comparing condition can help you detect the off command on your harmony hub if you set it up like this:

This feature will be released in the upcoming beta release.

1 Like

Just submitted v1.3.0 to the beta channel its waiting for Athom’s approval please report any bugs/issues/requests

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen

1 Like

Great news Jeroen!

I installed the v1.3.0 and found a bug (I think). I have filed an issue.

That sounds like a bug indeed, i will squash it in v1.3.1 beta

Any chance we can make Homey understand whenever I press “Pause” on the Homey remote to respond with an action?

1 Like

Hi @Hannes85, unfortunately, this is not possible because the hub only emits the IR signal but doesn’t inform other apps this happened as they do on starting and stopping activities.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen

1 Like

@Eternity while investigating this I found out it isn’t a bug: as stopping always stops the active activity it isn’t needed to specify this activity.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen

That makes sense :blush:

v1.3.0 beta has been published

2 Likes

@jreenen

Thanks. But unfortunately it doesn’t work.

First time when I dragged the Harmony to the middle ‘…and…’ column, I could select my Harmony. But then I couldn’t select the activities and I also couldn’t enter them manually in the last field (where you have ‘PowerOff’ in your screenshot).

I then rebooted the app and tried again. Now it doesn’t see my Harmony hub anylonger (can’t select it in the middle ’ Select’ field.)

Hi @Paul_Kessels ,

Could you try creating a whole new flow and set it up again? If it isn’t working could you send me a screenshot of your the flow that isn’t working?

Thanks,

Jeroen van Reenen

Hi @jreenen,

I tried a new flow. Now 30 minutes later it recognizes my hub. But the ‘Activiteit’ field still says ‘Geen resultaten gevonden’ (in the screenshot it points somehow to the middle field, but it refers to the ‘activiteit’ field.

Is this the correct way to setup a flow to start an activity?

And why would I use the other trigger? What is the difference / benefit?

Thanks again!

@Paul_Kessels unfortunately at the moment I cannot reproduce your issue, I will keep trying though and keep you informed.

@Eternity A correct flow to start an activity would be like this:

the combination “Activiteit gestart” and “Activiteit is gelijk aan” would allow you to check which activity has been started on the harmony hub before you start an action e.g.

@jreenen

thanks.
I’m using beta v1.3.0 and Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.13-rc.11
And I have a Harmony Elite with Harmony Hub

By the way, this flow was working in the previous beta version, where I used the normal homey logic to check the activities. This flow stopped working since v1.3.0

@jreenen

Hi, first sorry for my bad english. I have a problem with the beta version, i have a trigger, (please see screenshot) in the then colume, (send colume repeat) please make available 0 repeat because when i take 1, it send not 4 rather 44. In the old version i dont have a problem. I hope you understand me.
Thanks

@Tolga its a bug. I could reproduce this behavior and fixed it. An upgraded version v1.3.1 has been submitted to the beta channel and should hit the store as soon as Athom has reviewed it.