Homey gets 'offline': related topics

Had the same problem since December, i wrote to support and got this reply:

Thank you for reaching out to our support and I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing connectivity issues with Homey Pro at the moment.

Our Development team is investigating WiFi-issues on Homey Pro and found bugs in the (more commonly used) Wi-Fi driver of RaspberryPi that causes this. We’re working hard on workarounds for this issue and fixes will be released in the coming weeks. So in short: this will be fixed. You can check the current issues development is working on in our blogpost here: An update on Homey Pro's roadmap. — Behind the Magic | Homey

Please keep a keen eye on the Homey Pro Changelog (Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey) to see when WiFi fixes are deployed in the firmware, and check if your WiFi issue is solved by this specific fix.

At the moment there’s an experimental firmware version available which includes updated WiFi drivers, for a large group of users this resolves the connectivity issues. If you want , you could update your Homey Pro and install this version as well.
You need to have “Experimental Updates” enabled on your Homey Pro to install this firmware release. To do this, please go to Homey Developer Tools and enable the feature.

In some cases we’ve noticed that a faulty power adapter can cause some instability in the WiFi connection. Please test your Homey Pro with a different adapter, for example the adapter of your smartphone charger. Make sure it has 5V (5.2V when using an Ethernet Adapter as well) and at least 2A (2000mA) output. Please do not use a power adapter with less than 2A, as this might lead to loss of your data/devices.

Thx 4 sharing @Jumeira .

I realized that my son also uses the Beta release, whereas myself am running on the ‘stable’ version ( :wink: )

So I turned the switch, Homey is rebooting now… and we’ll wait… The first hours will be OK off course, but how long will that state remain…

Update 30-1: :frowning: “Ga terug naar start”

No mention whatsoever about people using a wired connection and suffering from the same issue… :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I have the same issue, contacted support (incl a diagnotic report) and they are suggesting that the Ethernet Adapter is faulty and are sending a replacement. Tbh I don’t think this is the issue, because when I am at home (on Wifi) everything is working fine (except for all the things that need an internet connection, like Google Home / webhooks / internet connected devices).

Short poll to investigate:

For all that are hit by this common issue that Homey get’s offline one way or the other:

What ethernet adapter do you use? (if any). Thx!

Users known so far that do not experience this issue use a Google ethernet adapter. Let’s rule this out, or confirm it :slight_smile:

I use the homey adapter.

1 Like

I also have the Homey adapter.

When I contacted Homey support about this issue, I was first told that this was due to a defective adapter. I told them I already had an replacement adapter so that shouldn’t be the case. I also mentioned this thread to Homey support. They replied that they are investigating the issue. Let’s hope more people contact the support for this issue so they can find out what is the culprit.

2 Likes

I just received the following word from Athom support:

An update about your issue!

Today we released a fix for the issue and would like to know if you still encounter the issue. This was fixed server sided so there is no need to update Homey Pro first! This fix is about the loss of connection to Homey Pro from outside the network while it’s still up and running.

I haven’t tested it yet, but let’s hope the issue is now fixed :).

Edit: first tests are looking good for me! Let’s hope it stays that way in the coming days.

2 Likes

Hi @daniel3 I received a similar message. However, at this moment it is not working for me. Maybe I have to restart my Homey…

Similar issue here with a Homey Pro (Early 2019), it goes offline very often. I already replaced the power supply with an Apple 10Watt power supply a year ago (since the one from Athom broke), and I have now also replaced this one with another one, but the problem remains.

I must say I did rebooted my Homey after I got the message, so maybe that will solve it for you aswell.

Is it also offline when you are on the same network?

Good morning all, it looks like the really did it! It’s still working…

How’s that @your place?

1 Like

Still online for 19h, my longest record ! They made it happen :grin:

Now that’s good news! I’ve updated to 10.0.0.6 just now, let’s see what happens.

But… but… it is not firmware related :blush:

Still some issues here, even after the server side fix. Devices were not reachable from Google Home today for a brief moment on the Homey Pro 2019 model. After opening the Google Home app and refreshing, everything was working again.

Furthermore, the Homey Pro 2023 had a week of normal operation without being offline, but then the old issue arose once again: device offline. Hard reset by pulling the plug was required in order for it to be up again.

I also still have issues, currently on version 10.0.0.7

@rstroot Did you try this workaround already?
To sort of keep the cloud connection alive, request some info from some website, on a every x minutes base.
You can use this homeyscript for ex. using this flowcard

const url = 'https://api.chucknorris.io/jokes/random'; // or something else
const resStatus = await fetch(url);
if (!resStatus.ok) {
  throw new Error(resStatus.statusText);
}

const json = await resStatus.json();
const quote = json.value;
const result = url + ": " + quote;
log (result);
return result;

@trietsch Temporary cutting the network signal could also solve it.
Also, you can try the script workaround above here.

@Peter_Kawa does this workaround also apply for Homey Pro 2019, or only for the 2023 version?
By the way, I got the suggestion from Athom support to restart my Homey in recovery mode and then do a full software update, I haven’t tried this though as I need to find some time for that.