Homey Bridge keeps locking up!

Hey!

The last couple of days my homey keeps locking up. I get the message that Homey has lost connection. I have to unplug it, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. It then runs for about one day and locks up again. The led ring even stops “turning around” Is this a known issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Kind regards
Stian

Can you still use the Homey app, and use any cloud-based apps?
Maybe there’s still some local wifi issues which the bridge can’t handle.
Here’s some hints (aimed at the Pro 201x but the bridge has a similar wifi setup)

I recommend to submit an issue to support as well
https://support.homey.app and scroll down to “Customer Support”

Same issue here. Solved for now. HP2023 and wifi mesh is not a happy combination.
So turning off mesh roaming and using a static IP has solved the issue

Hi and thanks for reply!

I can still use cloud based apps. It’s only the Homey Bridge that locks up.
My Wi-Fi is a pretty complicated mesh system that I can’t turn off the 5Ghz band. It shows up only as one network, but devices choose its own frequencies depending on the signal strength and speed at the location of the device.

Does Homey Bridge support wired network adapter?

One “last" option would be to install a second router. With only 2.4Ghz for the Bridge alone.
Does Homey Bridge need access to the local network? Or is it fine connected just to internet?

Thanks again!
Stian

I’m afraid that’s the culprit, it’s too “modern” for the bridge. You should be able to fine tune with band steering and AP 5 and 2.4GHz transmit power settings.
A second ‘old’ dedicated router as 2.4GHz only AP is the easiest fix

No, and I don’t get that… There are several E20,- zigbee hubs with an ethernet port, but that’s real mass produced hubs, and thus cheaper to implement such a port.

That’s the best option for when you can’t use band steering, or split your wifi into separate 2.4 and 5GHz bands

It can’t. It is used for internet access.

(And AFAIK only when bridge is used as a satellite for the Pro 2023, the bridge can connect to local network)