Homey 8.0.6 - instable?

Haven’t seen any zwave problems here eigther. I Have several Fibaro, Aeotec and Neo Coolcam devices, all are working fine.

It started 24 hours ago, when none of my evening flows didn’t execute…
Restarted everything before I went to bed and 8 hours later there where still a lot of issues, hence I posted here too see if it’s only my system.

It has improved slightly, but not enough to rely on things…

For example in the picture attached.

The first circle “ute entré” is on and it’s reporting energy, the lights are on, but it shows that it’s off.

The second circle is my pool pump, it’s not on, needed to go down to it to check, but the energy is showing that is on and the energy is changing a little (as it does when it is running)

Have also no problems with Z-Wave devices (Fibaro, NEO Coolcam, Aeotec, POPP, MCO Home).

Make sure that the system time on your Homey is correct, it’s not unheard of that after a firmware update the time is completely wrong.

You can find the current time here: Homey Developer Tools (look for “dateHuman”).

If that isn’t set correctly, you need to re-set your Homey’s location (in the mobile app: “More > Settings > Location”, turn off “Find Homey’s location automatically” and find your home location on the map; if it’s already correct, just move it a bit, then back to the correct location).

After the update all my ikea tradfri lights are messed up! This is not the first time after a firmware update! Please fix those issues!

This should be fixed

The time being off after restart happened here as well, but it really seems to be fixed.

My zigbee devices didn’t receive any updates after upgrade.

Reboot fixed this

A lot of issues here. I have a lot of z-wave devices. Espacially the robbshop dimmers and switches seem to dissapear of the mesh. Only when I disconnect the power they reconnect again. Also the last days, my z-wave devices seem to time out. They actually do work, but with much delay. Also I have an Acara humidity sensor that stopped working, even a battery change did not help. Same goes for an neo coolcam pir. It flashes detection, but homey app tells me no motion detection for the last 12 hours.

Please athom, try to fix this… with 70 devices connected, my wife is going nuts…

Please use the support form, Athom does not read all posts.

https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

The same problem here, non of my fibaro-devices work anymore. Can’t even add them again…
After every firmware-update there are issues with Fibaro.

1 Like

I always restart Homey again after an update. That can solve the weirdest issues.

1 Like

I’v allready done this a couple times.
But doesn’t help for me.

Have booted several times now and yet many of my devices are not working as expected. Checked the timestamp also but that’s correct, haven’t changed the power wire though, but it sounds really strange that the power causes this…

But will probably try that tomorrow, will let the z-wave network get another chance of setting itself up before…

For the ones that have similar issues as myself, what homey hardware are you running on? Just thinking of it could be something with that?:thinking: i have Homey (early 2018)

Hello,

I also have recurrent problems with Homey : frequent disconnections, several losses of connections with Fibaro devices (Zwave), having to reboot the system several times (that dont heal the problem)…
Homey bridge is unstable, indeed!

There’s a big difference between Homey bridge and Homey Pro. This topic is about firmware version 8.0.6 of Homey PRO

Same problem here, but mostly with zigbee.

I rebooted the devices (ie took the circuit breaker to restart hardwired devices) seems to have done the trick. Rebooted homey a bunch of times.

I have 30-40 zigbee devices and about the same amount of z-wave

Don’t trust it yet, but seems to work now

Stian

Since version 8.0.6 i’m also experiencing instability. Mostly in the form that I can’t connect to Homey. Homey itself keeps doing what it should do.

I get “Een onbekende fout is opgetreden” quite often. Both via the App on my Android phone and via the webinterface no luck either.
With version 8.0.5 everything was fine and stable.

Will keep on rebooting it until a firmware update becomes available.

I’ve rebooted it several times

I still run v8.0.6-rc.1 but no difference from other firmwares. Did something change at your Wifi system? Did the neighbours change/upgrade wifi stuff?
Are any apps using over 50MB memory? Mostly when I can’t connect to Homey it is an app which uses way to much memory.
Check the insights data for each app (not …More>Settings>General>Memory):
Screenshot from 2022-09-30 23-03-06

I have to say it is not logical that 8.0.6 would give problems. But fact is the only thing that changed in my home network recently is the Homey firmware. I went from 8.0.5 to 8.0.6rc1 kinda by accident, as I try to skip the rc versions. Once 8.0.6 final was released I updated to that.
Can’t remember if I had that issue with rc1…

I’ve removed some unused Apps. None are using over 50MB, other than system.
It freed up a bit of memory, but it seems to just use up the whole 512 MB.

Can’t check Insights data easily as it is not connected to the cloud. I managed to use my phone for that in the end.

This is what I see with my phone as I’m locally connected: