Homey 3.0 - What could it be?

I bit tired of guessing…

What else would you expect?
You’d think Athom should have learned something by now, but again they drop a bomb and run, no better way to leave you users in the dark and piss them off.
They keep saying they don’t do timelines but keep saying soon.
Yes, we the homey users are kids who can’t wait… right.

6 Likes

With accompanying App providing full resolution iPad landscape/portrait support I hope too

2 Likes

A kid cannot change parents when they are promised something that takes ages to be delivered…

7 Likes

Hello,
I would love to have homescreen widgets directly from Homey.
Example, if I create a Virtual button in homey, I would like to create a button widget for it on the homescreen, not having to open homey app everytime.
I currently create a Virtual button with IFTTT and connect it to a Flow triggering the button. It works fine apart the up to 5secs lag. A direct homey widget would be great.

Thank you
Nicola

7 Likes

i use the combination tasker with HTTPGet
works fast can even start flows from my galaxy watch because of that app.

I’d love to see the possibility in devices (or a tab called ROOMS / GROUPS) to select a few of them only. If I am in Devices I can select one room. But I wanna select more at the same time though not all!

1 Like

You can use group app for this purpose.

I could - but I’d love to see more flexibility in the given tabs

1 Like

The only thing they “should” update is the Zigbee rewrite, thats the most needed thing. If they wont release that I will be so dissapointed :cry:

2 Likes

How can you know that they wont be a zigbee rewrite :sob::sob::sob:

It would be tooooo good to be true. :grin:

I’d really appreciate if there would be a bit more transparency. A company / product that is depending so heavily on its user community would do good if they’d use a system as some other apps do: simply gather ideas and bugs and let registered users rate them with a certain amount of points, where registered devs and some specific power users and modders would have extra points as influencers.
Athom would simply tag it w/ the most common tags (read, in discussion, planned, work in progress, declined…)

That could increase the speed of future developments and ensure, that you don’t develop “am Kunden vorbei”…
Furthermore it avoids frustration if you spent times and times for frickling stuff that then suddenly comes onboard (for users and devs!)
Plus it puts the customer - really - first and takes a customer centric policy to reality. Proven.
Giving the base the feeling and knowledge that they are appreciated and really needed is a key driver to identification.

I mean look at all the geeks and nerds that make all the crazy stuff possible with their free (!) effort and ideas - that’s more than just a fanbase: it’s more and more the essence of Homey!

Therefore - to get back to topic - such a future-feature-rating-system would be appreciated with 3.0 by me!

5 Likes

It’s christmas soon. I’m convinced Athom will surprise us all. So far, they have always done very well. Why should that change?

Speculation does not help anyone. Do it like children on Christmas and look forward to unpacking the gift 3.0. :+1::+1::innocent:

2 Likes

Apparently, a Zigbee rewrite won’t be part of Homey 3.0:

Meh, waiting for all those water and alarm sensors that could be added after that, Where does he posted this?

On the Athom Community Slack.

That would be bad

3.0 is a hoax

Every “will be solved” is a hoax :joy:

1 Like

Maybe he meant the rewrite is due even before 3.0?! We gotta keep up the faith :wink: