Homey 2016 Bootloop Fix

Hi, I bought a Second hand Homey that had a “wifi problem” now its was only 15 euro so im not mad but
i noticed that once i plugged it in it would light up orange and circle and after all leds would turn off and that was it, so i started thinking that this wasnt a wifi problem but a bootloop so after that i decided to go into recover mode it did not work tried it and it would stay on the purple led circling

so after i kinda was thinking it wouldnt not work so i started playing with the thing that when you turn in upside down it would do its recovery thing and i started shaking agressivly etc and out of nowhere it lit up yellow and made a wifi network and connected etc so and asked me for a firmware update and such i said yes (that was a mistake) so it got in the loop again and did the shaking thing again and it worked and made a new profile and now it works shockingly

im just posting this for people who might have the same problem

1 Like

And now you can update to the latest firmware?
If there are strange problems with Homey you can try another powersupply, 5V with at least 2A. And a new cable.
Specially when it is still the original powersupply.

1 Like

I havent updated it yes because it says ive got the newest firmware already but i now have a overkill 4 amp usb supply :smiley:

1 Like