HomeWizard Plug-In Battery

Good day,

I am thinking abou the HW Plug-In Battery. The mail goal from HW is to use in only to store sunpower, and discharge when there is no sunpower.
This is ofc a nice and proper function and idea, but nowadays it is a bit limited, IMO.

Is there anybody with knowledge of the API and the possibility to implement this with for example Homey?

Looking forward to some news with interest.

Regards,
Steven

It’s in the HW app topic, Steven.
My guess is HW intentionally sells a simple battery, just to effectively use the surplus of one’s solar power for deferred use at night.

If you want to use a battery for also buying/selling energy, based on, like, energy prices, or just use as you like, something like Sessy is a more logical choice imho.
(Not affiliated in any way)

2 Likes

Product is not released yet (nov ‘24). So many things unclear till people get their hands on it. But I do know that the initial release would only allow a readonly API. We (as developers) are not allowed to interact with the device. The whole charge/discharge policy is determined by measuring by P1 (mandatory for this unit).
The key selling point for this unit is reuse your own solar generated power for personal use. It has no means or capability to use it for playing on the dynamic energy market and buy/sell energy when you want it. The capacity (2.7kwh) is way to small to make it profitable at all for such use cases.