Sonnen Battery API

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has experience with the API of Sonnen Battery to connect this to Homey?

Best regards
Jan Wynen

Not sure what you mean. Please provide for a link to the product in the app store, and specify your Homey. Cloud/bridge or Pro?

Hi,

I Have a Homey Pro. There is no App for this battery brand.

I know it has API JSON & Webhook capabilities and also KNX if you get an extra module.
Normally you can read out the capacity and the solar input of the battery.
Then I could turn on the Heatpump of something else for example when the battery is full.

But I donā€™t know how to work with an API JSon or Webhook.

I was hoping that someone could help me with it or give me some info how to start with it.

Best regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Maybe this gets you going! Seems very related.

I am looking for the same thing as Jan.

I have a Sonnen hybrid that I would love to get tied into Homey, so when the Battery is full it can send to the Tesla Smart Charger App to start charging our car.

Any ideas or input would be much appriciated.

4 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m still working on this.

Iā€™m trying to program an api for this, but I donā€™t have much time for it because of work.

When I have more info I will post it here.

Best regard
Jan

1 Like

Yeah I trying to make a Flow where I use the Webhook API to send when the Battery is full.

So far I used the Webhook Manager in order to recieve an event called charge, but I am lacking the knowledge on how to get it show/react only to the Battery level.

Guessing it would be these two:

ā€œBatteryChargingā€: false,
ā€œBatteryDischargingā€: false,

or

ā€œFullChargeCapacityā€:

The Rest of the Flow works like a charm with the Tesla Smart App

Hi,

Did you manage to get it working?

Best regards
Jan

Hello ā€¦do you only use the Sonnen battery or have the whole system installed from Sonnen??

Hi,

I only have a Battery from Sonnen.

But it would be handy when the battery is full that we then can send a message to the Car or washing machine to start

Iā€™ve submitted an app for review thatā€™s supporting the SonnenBatterie.
Will keep you posted when itā€™s reviewed.

2 Likes

Hi,
That would be great !!

App just became available. You can find it here.

Feel free to add suggestions and donā€™t forget to put your API key in the settings screen as otherwise you wonā€™t get measurements in.

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™ve just added it, I have a dual Sonnen a Master and a Slave.
Homey already finds them both.

But what with the API key, i Only have 1 ?
Or am i doing something wrong ?

Hi Jan,

I personally donā€™t have experience with a master/slave setup so unsure if itā€™s a different API key per battery.
Normally you should find your API key for your battery through https://find-my.sonnen-batterie.com/
Go to configure Assistant 2.0, log in with User and your password (you can find that on your battery)
Then go to the menu > Software-Integration >cop y your API key and fill it in in your homey battery settings screen.

Make sure the ā€˜read-APIā€™ is activated.

Youā€™re my hero and I definitely love you for doing this! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have my Sonnenbatterie 10 Performance and Sonnenprotect 8000 waiting outside the house for installation since a week back. Canā€™t wait to get it online and try this app.

@bogguard please let me know if I can be of any help testing, validating or just trying new things out in order to facilitate the development of your app. I would really like to help you in the ways I can.

update: Check your donation account. :wink:

Thanks Rikard,

Feel free to share your feedback when using it.
Good to know youā€™re available to test in case of new features. Feel free to do suggestions as well if you miss any flow cards.

No worries, my pleasure.

When it comes to feature suggestions, do you want that to be submitted in this thread or somewhere else?

In this thread is perfect.

1 Like

I will probably have more concrete suggestions once the equipment is installed and online.

However already now I know I want to do the following things and you are more than welcome to comment on them given your current good knowledge about Sonnen and their APIs:

1. Want to read out the actual production power in watts from the PV-system.
This one is important as a source of data to automate many other things)

2. Be able to read out the status of the SonnenProtect 8000.
This will be used to e.g. have a trigger for when the external power grid goes offline and therefore automate various controlled shut down of unneccessary and peripheral equipment etc.

3. Changing modes and settings.
In order to automate the charge and discharge in relation to the spot prices and availability of solar power. From what Iā€™ve seen from the ā€œoutsideā€ of the Sonnen community there are no modes to do this automatically (ToU or self dependance does not really fulfill this) This probably means changing modes etc. Does the API support this?

Thanks for the dialogue! :slight_smile: