Homewizard Energy socket are no longer recognized

Homewizard Energy socket are no longer recognized in Homey. If you remove an Energy socket from Homewizard from Homey, they don’t show up if you want to add them back with a different name.
Even an restart won’t help. They stil appear in the Energy app on my Android and I still can switch them off and on. Is this a bug ?

Isn’t better to ask here ? [APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

1 Like

Often the Local API switch of the mobile HW Energy app appears to be turned off somehow, even if you did not do that yourself :wink:

I am also having trouble with my sockets… i cant add any new ones since a few days i noticed. I was wondering if there is a limit since i got over 20.

There is no limit that I know of.
Double check if the Local API is enabled for all, further the mDNS process is key here so check with a Multicast DNS tool/app on your mobile or ipad/tablet etc to verify you can see the devices online and have “api_enabled=1” as a property shown there.

Another step would be to restart the Homewizard Homey app, maybe some cache results keeps the device registered. But this is mentioned in the troubleshootings steps anyway.

Hello Peter,

you probably meant, I suppose, that Local API must be switched on, so that Homey does see the Sockets and can connect to them ?
I did and now they are seen by Homey.

Thanks for thinking with me.
Now I will put the solutions in a Knowledge database, so I can find it again.

Greetings and thanks

Fred

1 Like

Hello Icepick,

I just replied to Peter Kawa.
Try to do something with Local API.
I also did power off and on again of Homey.

Mine are working again.

greetings

Fred

1 Like

Yeah they can both be found using a multicast tool on the iphone and both have api-enabled=1. I tried restarting the app (and later the homey) but they still don’t show up while the rest does.
I guess I will contact support about this… maybe there is a limit after all.

Update… I just see you are the developer :slight_smile: Any other ideas?

Yes, is this on the new HomeyPro2023? As there are problems with mDNS so make sure you have the latest firmware for that.

Yeah… I got the pro2023 one and my firmware on the homey is 10.0.0-rc.110

Any other debugging we can do?

Hello Icepick,

No I am not the developer. I am just a retired customer, who also run into problems. ;-))

Fred

Hello Jeroen,

I have a Homey Pro from before 2023, if that helps.

Fred

@Fred_Bakker I was talking to Jeroen :slight_smile:

Try to search/pair your socket. When it fails hit the diagnostic button. I’ll get a mail with the logs of that. Maybe something hints the problem, but I cant guarantee anything as its still beta and sadly I still dont own a HP2023 yet so no proper development testing has been done by me.

Yes I did.

Often crucial info / FAQ and howto’s are to be found in the opening post of app topics
And links to those app topics can be found @ homey.app app pages, below the reviews :wink:

Thanks for your help @Peter_Kawa this is more of a HP2023 problem with beta software and mDNS going crazy. The latest beta firmware RC115 seems to have fixed one problem of that.

Still it has to be noted that HP2023 is pre-release so still pending on alot of development work from both Athom and us developers to figure it out.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having issues with the P1 and kph meter too. Using the Homey Pro 2016. These two devices stopped working: device not reachable. I can ping both devices, installed the Discovery app:

kwhmeter-0ECCAE._hwenergy._tcp.local.
kwhmeter-0ECCAE.local:80
192.168.40.188:80
api_enabled = 1
path = /api/v1
product_name = KWh meter
product_type = SDM230-wifi
serial = xxxxxx

p1meter-2D235E._hwenergy._tcp.local.
p1meter-2D235E.local:80
192.168.10.184:80
api_enabled = 1
path = /api/v1
product_name = P1 meter
product_type = HWE-P1
serial = xxxxxxx

Checked the Energy app: both local api’s are switched on. This happened at 23:30 last evening. No specific events on my network during that time.

I did remove the kwh device from Homey to test and I cannot add it anymore; doesn’t find any new devices.
What could I do more?
Homey ip is 192.168.10.85.

Restart the Homewizard app on Homey. If not, P2P homey.

I did restart my homey several times yesterday. Today I restarted Homey, tried to add the kwh meter again and now I could add it. After I added this device, the P1 also started working!

Don’t know why it did but I’m happy it is working!

1 Like

Thx for confirming