Homebridge support (not homekit)

That can only happen if your door sensors use the alarm_motion capability, or if you have configured Home incorrectly.

Feel free to build your own implementation, I’m sure you can do much better.

I mean that athom experiment but i now found HomeyKit app so i will try it

Just searching for the same thing, as despite the fact that Homey now supports a lot more devices than when this was first posted, it pales in comparison with the number of devices that Homebridge, or Home Assistant, currently supports.

In theory (though have not tried this yet), you could potentially use Home Assistant to achieve the same thing, by adding them to HA, and then exposing the devices to Homey via the Homey HA app? Even if this is possible, it would still be so much easier to do this via HomeBridge-Homey / HomeyBridge!

So, I am currently using this workflow, for others attempting to bring HomeKit and Homey together, and to support devices that do not have a Homey integration. Obviously the best outcome would be to have all devices supported natively in Homey and then exposed to HomeKit, however this does work reliably once setup, and limits to an extent what is configured where. In terms of the original request on this thread, I am effectively using Home Assistant as the “Homeybridge”, as suggested in my last post.

Workflow:

• I use Homey Pro as the primary smart home bridge, including automations (Flows in Homey), using Homey’s HomeKit “Experiment” to expose devices to HomeKit. This generally works well. One frustration is that I have to go into each device that I don’t want to appear in HomeKit and tick the box to exclude it in Advanced Settings. It would be great to have a single page somewhere in the Homey app, with a list of all devices to enable/disable HomeKit (and better still, any other common advanced settings).

• I built a Home Assistant using a Raspberry Pi4 to add devices that are not supported by Homey and then expose them to Homey using the official Homey “Home Assistant” App, and the Homey “Home Assistant Community” App. The latter often has more granular support, and works more reliably, so I recommend trying both and then removing the device from the other App.

• I built a Homebridge server on another Raspberry Pi4 for certain HomeKit integrations that work much better using the Homebridge integration, such as Unifi Protect. The Homey version of this app is much more limited and less reliable, though I still use Homey Unifi Protect App for automations/notifications.

For those looking for Roon integration with Homey, I use the HA integration + Homey Home Assistant Community App, which works really well (Roon Extension: Athom Homey - #11 by FusedElements - Roon API - Roon Labs Community).

One big frustration of the Homey Pro in general is the fact that you cannot access the logs (which are sandboxed and inaccessible to users). Whenever something does break, it is practically impossible to diagnose the issue without going back to Homey or the app developer. I generally love the Homey user interface design and Flows, otherwise I would switch back to HA as the primary Smart Home bridge. Hopefully as Homey evolves, they will be able to address some of these issues, and ultimately make the platform itself more open.

HomeKitty has this. It also has much better device support than the HomeKit Experiment.

2 Likes