Home Bridge + Homey Pro

Hello,

I have 1 Homey Pro on one floor and I added a Homey Bridge on the second.
Now I see the bridge in homey app but I can’t see anything else.

My question is, how do I know if a device is connected to the bridge or it’s connected directly to the pro?

Thanks

Devices aren’t really “connected” to Homey Bridge.

For Zigbee/Z-Wave, the Bridge acts as a router/repeater, just like any other router in the network. On the “old” Homey Pro, you can view the Zigbee routing table here; for the new Homey Pro (2023) there’s no such thing (but with both protocols you can’t force a device to route through a particular router).

For IR/RF, you can configure an IR/RF device to use the Bridge as its antenna, as explained here.

1 Like

Probably I didn’t express myself right. I wanted to know if I can see the Zigbee routing table or I just add the Bridge to my network and nobody knows igf it works or not :slight_smile:

Thanks Robert.

Please read replies carefully, and follow supplied links :blush::wink:

Only for Pro 23 it’s just a device overview

I know about tools.developer.homey.app but on the Zigbee page I can see the NodeID. I can’t see which device is connected to which.

Sadly this info isn’t made available anymore for Pro 23, please request for adding it again @ homey.app/support

But you should be able to view the bridge in the listing.
Next, you sort of have to trust the bridge is actually actively used as hop :man_shrugging:
Zigbee controls itself.

Or move to Zigbee2mqtt and be amazed.
You can add these devices to Homey per zigbee2mqtt app.

1 Like

I already have a Home Assistant that I use to add the “unsupported devices” to Homey. I don’t want to complicate things even more :slight_smile:

I’ve a HAmey as well.
I’m very glad I moved my Zigbee stuff to z2m.
Not because it wasn’t working well @ Pro 2019, but out of curiosity.
It’s Zigbee heaven :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

With the HA community app, it’s very simple to add the z2m devices to Homey.
I also noticed ‘Zigbee device’ > z2m > wifi Homey is not slowing things down, it’s 1 second quicker compared to Zigbee paired with Homey.

HA community app devices react unexpectedly fast indeed.
I don’t have that many devices anyway. They are just scattered around the house. I try to automate only things that actually add a benefit.

LE: I might move all IKEA devices to HA because I don’t like that Homey doesn’t show the battery level.

1 Like