Inquiry About Using Homey Pro and Homey Bridge in My Home

Hello,

I live in a three-story house and have various smart devices that connect via different protocols, including Wi-Fi, Zigbee, and Z-Wave Plus, as well as devices that rely on IR, such as air conditioners, TVs, speakers, and curtains.

I am facing coverage issues with a single Homey Pro 2023, as it only covers the Wi-Fi area. I would like to know if it’s possible to use one Homey Pro 2023 with several Homey Bridges, for example, five in total, distributed across the rooms.

My questions are:

1. Can I have one Homey Pro 2023 and five Homey Bridges spread throughout the house?
  2. How will the connection between the Homey Pro 2023 and Homey Bridges work? Is it cloud-based or local?
  3. If it relies on the cloud, I prefer a local setup. What options do I have for devices that can be connected to Homey Pro 2023 to ensure complete coverage in my home?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Please read these articles, specially the principles of the MESH networks:

And this one

Never heard of a limit, to be sure I’d recommend to inform @ support.

Sort of local only

If you intend to use it only for Zigbee or Z-Wave, it’s not building it’s own mesh, it just acts as a quite expensive Zigbee / Z-Wave router, like almost any mains powered Zigbee / Z-Wave device.
Imho you’d better just buy mains powered Zigbee / Z-Wave devices to extend the network mesh in that case.

If you’d like to have learning-enabled satellite IR transmitters, you can consider using Broadlink RM3 mini, Or RM4
My RM3 mini connects through LAN here.
And its not expensive.