Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Hi,
So i followed the advice to have notifications on each flow

Today my alarm sirens went on
As you can see, there is no clear reason why the alarm activated as heimdall surveillance was supposed to be deactivated:

and these are the 4 only flows linked with heimdall

I am not farmiliar with Heimdal yet.
When you lock the door, you arm the alarm fully but when you unlock, you disarm only local. Does local mean partially or that it is done by a flow? If it means partially, just add disarm full to the flow.
I had a similar problem with a “woonveilig” system. Arming full, disarming partially (so not disarming at all).

Nice flow :slight_smile:

I have two nuki apps, one local the other web, so there is a double deactivation or double activation. kind of double security

I see 2 flows that activate the alarm judged on your timelinescreenshot.
Can you show these flows?

that are flows due to the heimdall trigger, like putting lamps on and send me a mobile notification
Those flows didnt trigger the alarm, nor did activate the alarm,
The 3 lines on your screenshot have the exact same timestamp

Well these flows were actually run so it would still be usefull to be able to see them.

Anyway, as I take it from your screenshot of the timeline the Surveillance Mode is not set to Disarmed when these 3 flows are run.
You do realise the flow that writes surveillance off local doesn’t actually sets the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed but instead only sets the Alarm State to Off as it has the Deactivate Alarm card and not the Set Surveillance Mode to card.

2 Likes

Hello,
Happened again,

As you can see heimdall deactivated the alarm, and just after the alarm was triggered

Hi,
in you flow “surveill off local”, you only deactivate the alarm (the alarm capability). You don’t set the mode to disarm.
That you only do in your “web” flow. But via WebAPI, this event will be triggered not in realtime (polling from WebAPI).
So just change the mode in your “local” flow and that should disarm Heimdall on opening the door.

2 Likes

@RonnyW Ok!! trying now!
That makes sense!

1 Like

Thanks @RonnyW :+1:

1 Like

@DaneedeKruyff thanks, i see your post now, you are right!

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it is fixed for you!

Hi, great app. My question is to the moment when armed heimdall triggers alarm only by the first sensor. The following tripped sensors are not sent to timeline (no push message), they are only written in logline. Is it possible to make an option when each sensor will be pushed to timeline? I could make a flow but i think to keep it in Heimdall is better way. Many thanks

1 Like

Thanks @Daniel_S
I have no plans to make a setting for this, as you said this can easily done by a flow so your goal can be achieved that way.

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but im out of options, about once every two days the alarm sounds/triggered, and i have no idea how it happened.

On the heimdall dashboard, it looks like a flow did it, but on the homey timeline it really looks like heimdall did arm the alarm

These are the 4 only flows who have.an impact on heimdall, “local” and “web” are just two different nuki apps.

many thanks!

To bad you’re still having problems. As said before Heimdall will not set a Surveillance Mode by itself, something external is needed for that. That will either be a user using the Surveillance Mode Switch or by a flow.

Your Heimdall log shows a flow set the Surveillance Mode to Armed at 09:10:51 with a 30 second Arming Delay so actual arming happens at 09:11:22 as also visible in the log.
The line you see in your Timeline is the result of the actual arming and is corresponding with the mentioned actions above.

So, in order to fix this you will have to go to your flows (again) to find out what’s happening. Have you tried the tips I gave to you earlier to find all flows that deal with Heimdall?

Hi!
Trying to build my own security system but can’t find answers to a couple of basic questions…

1. Any tips on mainstream sirens (I.e. not depending on amateur electrician work with relays and stuff but off the shelf plug and play type things) that can be triggered using Heimdall? Don’t want to buy something just to have it not be able to be triggered when the alarm goes off.

2. I have a wife and three kids, all of whom think our current solution via Verisure is highly practical with the disarming/arming using tags. Could you please give some tips on how to make a Heimdall centered system as easily managed from day to day? Opening the door just to be forced to scramble for my phone, open the homey app and triggering a virtual device is not very practical. And my small kids can’t handle it. I really want to use Heimdall but this smoothness of arming/disarming is the last hurdle.

Martin

(1) Heimdall doesn’t trigger sirens directly, Homey does. You create an flow triggered by Heimdall “when the alarm is activated” and an action card: turn on the siren. When you search for siren in the community you’ll find many advises and discussions what’s the best device. For me it is the Vision security - Battery operated siren
(2) With an old Homey (2016) you can use the NFC reader to detect known tags. For newer Homeys you’ll have to find a z-wave or zigbee tag-reader. I stopped my search for a NFC tag reader at the moment Danee made an app for Ring keypads. I bought one and every family member has it’s own pin to enable/disable the alarm. See this link: Ring keypad and other Ring Security System devices

1 Like

When arming the surveillance mode, I am getting a voice feedback that one of my door sensors (fibaro door sensor 2) is open, while it is not open. When I open the door with that sensor, alarm is not triggered.

Note: Some of my fibaro sensors have tamper alert triggered all the time, because of the bad design when using a sticky tape to mount them. But they are not open.

Homey 8.0.1.

Same here. Never happened before. I found the sensor was not in alarm (open) state, but the close action didn’t reach Heimdall, where the sensorstate was still open.

Restarting Heimdall solved the error; it synchronized the correct state of all sensors.