Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Does that sensor have multiple capabilities?
Can you provide the full device info from the developer page?

@DaneedeKruyff

yesā€¦

"capabilities":[

5 items

:

string"onoff"

:

string"alarm_smoke"

:

string"alarm_tamper"

:

string"measure_battery"

:

string"alarm_battery"

]

"capabilitiesObj":{

5 items

"onoff":{

10 items

"value":

boolfalse

"lastUpdated":

string"2022-03-03T19:17:47.189Z"

"type":

string"boolean"

"getable":

booltrue

"setable":

booltrue

"title":

string"Eingeschaltet"

"desc":

NULL

"units":

NULL

"id":

string"onoff"

"options":{}

0 items

}

or another:

"capabilities":[

5 items

:

string"alarm_contact"

:

string"alarm_tamper"

:

string"measure_temperature"

:

string"measure_luminance"

:

string"measure_battery"

]

"capabilitiesObj":{

5 items

"alarm_contact":{

10 items

"value":

boolfalse

"lastUpdated":

string"2022-04-02T13:08:33.936Z"

"type":

string"boolean"

"getable":

booltrue

"setable":

boolfalse

"title":

string"Kontakt-Alarm"

"desc":

string"Kontaktsensor, z.B. fĆ¼r Windows (true/false)"

"units":

NULL

"id":

string"alarm_contact"

"options":{}

0 items

}

Thanks, can you post the ā€œlastupdatedā€ from the last sensor, that one has two capabilities Heimdall can look at.

Hi @bjoern FYI my question initially concerns the Fibaro Door Sensor 2 but I spotted similar behavior for some other brands. Seems Danee is on to something with his question ā€œcapabilitiesObjā€; Iā€™ll further reply on his post.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff , as per your guidance Iā€™ve checked the Heimdall app (v2.1.5) and the info for concerning devices via the API and noticed the following:

1. the ā€˜Fibaro Door Sensor 2ā€™ using Athomā€™s Fibaro app v3.2.2 comes with 4x ā€œcapabilitiesā€: [
    ā€œmeasure_batteryā€,
    ā€œalarm_contactā€,
    ā€œalarm_tamperā€,
    ā€œmeasure_temperatureā€
    ]
    and in all my cases Heimdall takes the ā€œalarm_tamperā€ value where I would expect at least the ā€œalarm_contactā€ value. Though my vote would go to the ā€œmeasure_temperatureā€ value as this is regularly updated and does not depend on actually opening/closing of doors and windows :slight_smile: Best solution in my opinion would be most recent value of either of the two values.

2. similar for the Fibaro Motion sensor which comes with 5x ā€œcapabilitiesā€: [
    ā€œmeasure_batteryā€,
    ā€œmeasure_luminanceā€,
    ā€œmeasure_temperatureā€,
    ā€œalarm_motionā€,
    ā€œalarm_tamperā€
    ]
    Also here Heimdall takes the ā€œalarm_tamperā€ value where ā€œalarm_motionā€ (or ā€œmeasure_temperatureā€) is more logical.

3. where the ā€˜Ring Motion Detector 1st genā€™ and ā€˜Ring Contact Sensor 1st genā€™ are correctly taking the ā€œalarm_motionā€ value over the ā€œmeasure_batteryā€ using your (experimental) Ring app v0.2.3, for my ā€˜Ring Keypad v2ā€™ Heimdall appears to prefer the ā€œalarm_tamperā€ over the more logical (and desired) ā€œmeasure_batteryā€ value. I would recommend to change this as well for the Keypad v2.

On a final note: while testing tonight I noticed that upon opening of the Heimdall app (via the Homey app) and selecting Devices (i.e. ā€œApparatenā€) the ā€œLast seenā€ value initially very briefly seem to show the correct ā€œlastUpdatedā€ before returning above mentioned ā€œincorrectā€ values. Perhaps that helps narrowing down the root cause.

Thanks for your help! Pls let me know if you need more info.

Regards
Chris

The thing is, the shown value should always be the most recent one, regardless of the capability.
Could you please post the information with the actual values?

Thatā€™s exactly what i can see. with almost all sensorsā€¦

@bjoern @Crisis I found it and fixed it. New version will be available shortly.

2 Likes

Thanks @DaneedeKruyff ! I can confirm that above mentioned issue has been resolved with v2.1.6 ! Both Fibaro sensors and Ring Keypad v2 now show most recent ā€œlastupdatedā€ regardless the capability it is generated against.

@DaneedeKruyff looks great now too. Thanks! what was it exactly?

New version published.

Version 2.1.6

• Fixed Last seen in devicesettings

This version fixes a bug where devices reporting an unknown Last updated value resulted in a Last seen date of 1-1-1970 in the device settingspage.

1 Like

Hi All ā€¦ I am using the Heimdall App for my Security System - LOVE the App, Thanks for your great work @DaneedeKruyff with this!

At my front door I have a Tablet with a Home Assistant Lovelace Dashboard with Live cam from my G4 Doorbell and other Homey devices, and I have tried to integrate the Alarm Panel card in Home Assistant with Heimdall trying both the AlarmĀ“s and Surveilance Entity sent to HA using MQTT from Homey, but has not had any luck getting this to work, and I am not able to find any documentation/videos with this.

My Question : Is it somehow possible to use the HA Lovelace Alarm Panel Card to control Heimdall? ā€¦ and if so, anybody who will share there configuration?

Best Regards
Stig :slight_smile:

@DaneedeKruyff as a token of appreciation for the swift reply and fix, a small donation coming your wayā€¦

1 Like

Thank ypu @Crisis itā€™s much appreciated!

@Stig_Kolbaek Iā€™m not using HA nor the dashboard you mention so I canā€™t really tell you how to set it up, maybe someone else can help you out, @robertklep perhaps?

Sorry, no idea :frowning: (I do use HA but donā€™t use the MQTT Hub app at all, so I have no idea what its capabilities are)

Thank you @DaneedeKruyff and @robertklep for your answers/help though :smiley: ā€¦ no, not much documentation regarding this out there, it just would be so awsome to use the Alarm Panel for the Brilliant Heimdall ā€¦ hopefully I find someone that can help :crossed_fingers:t3:

Hi,

Heimdall makes me crazy and paranoid since a while,
It does arm itself, and makes me trigger the alarm
and iā€™m not able to identify why this happens as the log is too simplified, doesnt tell which flow or action did put the alarm to armed

The total lack accessible logs of flows in homey doesnt help

Hereā€™s the heimdall dump number e93dc3fd-1917-4f43-9926-edf72006ce81

thanks for the help!

Please review your flows. You arm automatically via Flow. Please search your flows for Heimdall. What are your sensor states when heimdall armed? which devices are under devices?

Let each flow write a line on your dash. Then you know wst triggered it.

Hi,
Letā€™s see whatā€™s happening here, this shouldnā€™t be to hard to find.
First off, Heimdall can not arm itself, it will always be caused by of either a flow or a person performing an action. Since your log shows the Surveillance Mode is changed by a flow, letā€™s focus on that.

Easiest would be to go to Apps (in the Homey Mobile app) and select Heimdall.
This will show you all flows that are somehow connected to Heimdall

Please review all your flows shown here.

Another method would be to disable the Heimdall app and go through your flows, all flows somehow connected to Heimdall wil show a warning

Please review all flows showing a warning.

Hope that helps!