Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

To be able to use a device in Homey you need an app for it. Functionality of a device is determined by the app, integration with Heimdall needs to be programmed into the devices app.
That said, have a look at Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products
Both Ring Keypads integrate with Heimdall very well!

Hello!
Have just install my Homey Pro so I am a rookie on this :slight_smile:
The integration of all device (sensors, light, sonos etc) is just done. The next step is create the flow with Heimdall. But how can I turn the alarm in different state as on, off and on (but home)?
Is it possible to use someone of this products to trigger the alarm?
Ring alarm Keypad? Ring Alarm Keypad - Smarta larm | Kjell.com
Fibaro Keyfob Fibaro Keyfob TrƄdlƶs Z-wave-fjƤrrkontroll - Smarta fjƤrrkontroller | Kjell.com
Fibaro The Button Fibaro The Button TrƄdlƶs Z-wave-fjƤrrkontroll - Smarta fjƤrrkontroller | Kjell.com
Netatmo Smart Welcome webcam Netatmo Smart Inomhuskamera - Welcome - Inet.se

I guess you can us a virtual switch in Homey, use the location on the phone and much moreā€¦ :slight_smile:
Have 3 kids (and a non-technical wifeā€¦) so it has to be easyā€¦
All tips are gratefully received

Hi @Kalle_Barosen,

Welcome and thanks for using Heimdall.
Setting the desired Surveillance Mode can be done in several ways, many are mentioned in this topic but I realise thatā€™s a lengthy read :wink:
Most information can be found in the opening post and FAQ but hereā€™s some suggestions:
Use a flow
Use a Ring Keypad

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m trying to include a flow to give me additional confidence all my sensors are responding on a regular basis and allowing me to check the ones that are not. To do so, I included the card to check the last communications, and a separate flow using the heimdall card if no information was received. So far all is working fine.

What Iā€™d like to add is use the tag ā€œ# uren geen informatieā€ to only trigger messages if the comms is out for say 3 days. However, for whatever reason that tag is always set to 24, regardless of the actual time. Iā€™ve put the desired flow below, but canā€™t use the ā€˜andā€™ part for now, reponses as they show in thelog on the right hand side

What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Patrick

Youā€™re not doing anything wrong, the value of Hours no information (Uren geen informatie) will always be 24 hours.

Now I have order a lot of sensors and stuff to add to my alarm :slight_smile:
Not sure how i will deactivate the alram. Start to experiment with geofence and trough the phone.

Have someone trying do do it with a Netatmo Smart Welcome webcam Netatmo Smart Inomhuskamera - Welcome - Inet.se If thats its possibleā€¦?

Hi there,
I have several door sensors that contain motion sensors. How can I exclude the motion detection in Heimdall? Only door open closed is enough.

Thanks!

Using a device in Heimdall will be at the device level, not per underlying sensor.
A workaround to use only one sensor form a device having multiple sensors would be to create a Virtual Device for the sensor you want to use and select that Virtual Device in Heimdall.

This post may be of help: Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home - #8 by DaneedeKruyff
in your case you would be using the alarm_contact capability.

1 Like

Thanks! Wouldnā€™t it work like this?

So ā€œRemove from surveillance modeā€ ? Like:

Unfortunately, I canā€™t do it at allā€¦ Iā€™m desperate. :smiley:

I canā€™t do it with a virtual device either. I canā€™t get a connection to the mentioned motion sensor. have you a complete example? please help me. thanksā€¦

I should start with the settings in Heimdall. If that works, dive deeper to change settings via flows.

Homey app / ā€¦More / Apps / Heimdall / Configure App / Devices / Settings (line below devices)

Here you can select which sensors are active in Partial & Full armed surveillance.

@Heronimus

No, unfortunately that is not possible, because it is a door sensor including a motion detector. Unfortunately, you cannot differentiate here or exclude the motion detector.

I would only like to deactivate the motion detector in the event of a partial armed surveillance.

Itā€™s really as simple as the post about using a virtual device Iinked to in my previous post.

• Create the Virtual Device, use type sensor and door/window as capability.
  • Creat a flow that sets alarm_contact to true on the sensor triggered by the opening of the real sensor and a flow to set it to false triggered when closing the real sensor.
  • Add the virtual device to the desired Surveillance Mode
  • Make sure to remove the real sensor from the previous selected Surveillance Mode

Hi,

I solved it using the < group > - app. Then you donā€™t need a special flow for it. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Would this Homey App be made available for the new Homey Bridge or will it only be supported by the Homey Pro model?

ā€œJust ordered the Homey Bridge + Beta ā€“ but are having second thoughts as many of the Homey Apps seems not to be compatible with this new product from Homeyā€

No, unfortunately Athom has decided that apps that have a settingspage will not be made available to Homey and Heimdall depends on a settingspage to configure it.
The only way to be able to use this and other more advanced apps will be to purchase a Homey Pro.

2 Likes

Hi Danee, first of all thanks for the great work! Eager to see Heimdall fully functional at my place. For this, I need a bit of advice on the following:
refering to below 2x screenshots, I notice that the Heimdall app device settings show for numerous sensors an outdated ā€œlast seenā€, some of them even ā€œ1/1/1970ā€. I have tried several things to get this resolved (re-adding devices, adding range extenders, rebooting with/without 15min wait, etc.) but I canā€™t seem to overcome this. I am not even sure if this is in fact an issue as Heimdall does seem to react on some of the ā€˜not recently seenā€™ sensors, such as the ā€œErker raam sensorā€ shown on both screenshots. I did however run into the situation that the alarm was not triggered because Heimdall did not ā€œseeā€ the sensors. Any idea what I can try next?

Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks!
Chris

Hi Crisis,

this is exactly the same problem for me. what sensors do you have?

@Crisis @bjoern
The Last seen (Laatst gezien) is read from the device itself. Somehow your device seems to return 0, which translates to 1/1/1970.
Could you go to Homey Developer Tools and run the command Homey.devices.getDevices({ online: true }); command?

Next go through the results to find any of the sensors with the Last seen date of 1/1/1970 and look for the "lastUpdated" value inside "capabilitiesObj" for the capabilities your sensors have.

(btw, what Heimdall version are you running?)

@DaneedeKruyff

the ā€œlastUpdatedā€ value is okay: ā€œ2022-04-02T09:52:44.722Zā€

Version 2.1.5