Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

New version published.

Version 2.1.5

• Extended functionality for 3rd party Keypanels

This update also fixes a bug discovered bij @Heronimus, thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Is it possible to integrate an old-fashioned alarm system with wired zones? IĀ“m thinking via some kind of DIN rail zwave IO module?
My case is 15 zones consisting of doors magnets and PIR sensors.

Does this mean that in principle you could turn any device compatible with Heimdall via a IO module?

Example:

The setup is 12 wired magnet contacts from my doors/windows and a stand alone outdoor Rfid/keypad (not zwave supported) for arming/disarming and access control via electric door locks.

So via a Homey supported IO module (could be Logic Group ZIF5028) i can install them on the inputs and then easy integrate them into Heimdall?

Yes (sorry I missed your first post)

If you can make your devices available in Homey and they donā€™t have the needed capabilities for Heimdall (alarm_motion or alarm_contact) you can use the Virtual Devices app to ā€˜mapā€™ the capabilities your devices will expose to Homey to the needed capabilities.

Check out Satel Intergra Alarmpanels and the app Satel Integra Alarm App voor Homey | Homey

All zones can be integraded in Homey and so in Heimdall:-)
Also outputs from homey to satel can be triggered for e.g. siren

Thank you both for clarifying.
Iā€™m a little confused because I read somewhere that Satel integra app is limited and donā€™t support full overview over the zones?

There are 2 Satel apps in the store.
If you use Satel Integra Alarm App voor Homey | Homey zones, outputs and partition is fullly supported

Hi Danee ! Thanks for your excellent app :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve got to know, Iā€™ve 2 accounts, for 2 mobiles device.
Mine is the owner, and the second is the administrator/manager.
When placing heimdall in Active Mode, iā€™ve got the notification but not the second user. Same thing hapen when leaving the house or arriving. Iā€™ve got all the notification but not the second user.
Is that because the notification is only for Owner ? Or iā€™ve got another problem ?
thanks for your time !

Hi,
Heimdall by itself sends out no notifications, thatā€™s something for you to configure. So Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re really asking here. Did you setup notifications and theyā€™re not working as you would like them to work? Or is this about notifications from Homey in general, not specifically for or limited to Heimdall?

Hi thanks for your answer :slight_smile: maybe notification is not the right word here, (im french)
here some exemples with images :slight_smile:
As you can see, when AL exit the house, iā€™ve got a message about itā€¦ but she didnt. And when placing the homey on ACTIVE, iā€™ve got it, but she didnt.
I thought the option active in the picture was in the options on heimdall. isnā€™t it ? Iā€™ve no flow sending notification for this actions.

Thanks you :slight_smile:

No problem, notification is the right word.
The settings you show are the speech settings purely for Heimdall and have nothing to do with anything with notifications.
Notifications for leaving en entering your home are handled by Homey itself so I donā€™t think youā€™re question has anything to do with Heimdall.

Iā€™m not sure what user level will actually receive these notifications, thatā€™s something controlled in Homey itself.

Hi :slight_smile: I didnā€™t saw your reply, sorry for the delay :slight_smile:

Ok for the leaving/entering, itā€™s Homeyā€¦ so maybe itā€™s a user level problemā€¦ or an android problem/settings. (like location on samsung, never found it how to make it work)
For heimdall alarm mode : the speech settings, everyone should received it ?

No problem.
The speech is Homey speech itself, itā€™s not send the phone app.

Hi Dane,

Can you explain what the alarm of Burton dos?
I tried to maken a flow if button is punched the alarm modus go to of or cancel sirene?? That dos not work.
If I know wat is dos in the background en how to use would be great.

Thx!

Hi,

The Alarm Off Button by itself will do nothing more than changing Heimdalls Alarm State to inactive.
If you want to take any action when the the Alarm State is deactivated please use the The alarm is deactivated card to trigger your flow.

If that doesnā€™t work for you, please share your flow.

This is my flow:

https://homey.app/f/Q5fQNV

I donā€™t know if the last one is needed.
If I push the button whiteout flow will surveillance the Surveillance go tot off ?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

Hello,
First of, thanks for an amazing app I still havent tried! :stuck_out_tongue: I am currently waiting for my athom homey pro to arrive. But Heimdall app is the main key for my purchase of athom! So great job, and I will sure be donating some few bucks later on :slight_smile:

But I have one question I couldnt see, or maybe missedā€¦ Is there a chance to get some kind of report weekly of heimdall alarm system? A report that would tell me battery status, alarm triggers etc etc?

Yes, when using the Alarm Off Button only the Alarm State will be changed, itā€™s up to you want to do with the Surveillance Mode when you press the button.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s exactly wrong with the flow, whatā€™s not working?
What looks a bit weird in the flow is that it shows [[device]] and [object Object], Iā€™ve never seen that before so I suggest to look into that.
What happens when you test the flow in the web app?

No, Heimdall does report everything it does to itā€™s internal log but thereā€™s no way to aggregate that into a weekly report.

Thank you for fast reply. I can probably use the logs to check if needed.
I see that there has been added functionality for a keypad, and was wondering if any zigbee keypads work?

I have been looking into this one https://www.elektroimportoren.no/climax-kodepanel/4514805/Product.html