Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Hi, please ignore my last post. I have it working now. Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Hi, could you have another look at my post above please, the one I said to ignore. It still applies.
The VD state did get set, but now I don’t know how. I haven’t been able to set the one for the gate, and I have been unable to reset the one for the garage door.

Can you please show your complete flow, please use https://flow.homey.app with the css fix so the flows are readable.

What may be wrong is that you are using the wrong card in the When… column, you say you use the Virtual Device there but that makes no sense. In the When… column you will have to use a card from your Fibaro device that gets triggerd when the Fibaro device senses something.

OK, I managed to do that. Here it is.

Thanks, The When… column looks good to me, I guess you also have a flow triggered by input 1 opened, is that the case?

The problem is with the card in the Then… column, it should look like this:

Important! The text needs to be typed into the fields, you can not use tags.
What you are basically doing is giving the device a variable name (alarm_contact) and its value (true).
(My screenshot is from a contact sensor, if you use a motion sensor, the variable name is alarm_motion)

Fantastic, I have now got it working. Thank you.

One more question now it is working.

How can you get Heimdall to send an alert once you have left home to alarm you of any sensors which have been left in a triggered state. i.e. if I leave home and have left the garage door open can Heimdall give an alert to tell me the garage door has been left open?

Once I have done all this I should be able to delete all the flows I have set up to check each sensor and then send me a message if any of them have been left triggered or if they are triggered while i am away. Correct?

Great, you’re welcome.

There is the Pre Arming check for that, see the description in the first post.

OK, so I need to create a new flow for When Sensor active at arming? what goes in the then card?

What other flows might I need to complete the surveillance? so far I have.

You can use any card you like in the Then… column, that’s up to you. I see you send messages to your mobile on arming and disarming, you can do the same with the Pre Arming check.

I use Heimdall for quite some time now and it is awesome!
Just one thing that I am (probably doing wrong and) not able to figure out:

My presence detection is sometime a few seconds later up to date than the acual stepping in the front door.
Of course I have set a delay of 5 seconds and have checked “delay” at this sensor. See below:

Still, when I enter the front door (sensor is triggered) but I am not marked at home by presence detection (which disarms Heimdall of course) I immediately get an alarm…

What am I doing wrong or forgetting to configure?

Hi @Henk_Renting,

I’m not sure what’s happening in which order, can you have a look at the dashboard in the developer tools? ( https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings) I suggest using this css fix to make the log on the dashboard readable.

Thx for your reply, @DaneedeKruyff!
What css fix are you referring to? Sorry, I did not fully understand what you mean.

Will definitely post the log here when I get an alarm again when entering. Good suggestion; should have thought of that earlier… :slight_smile:

Another question:
Can I exclude sensors/devices someway? I use Aqara sensors for doorbell notifications and because they are actually doorsensors, they show up in Heimdall.
And I also see other devices being checked, like Ikea light bulbs and Aqara temperature sensors…?

Oops, forgot to include the link to the css fix, included it now (and also here)

It is not possible to exclude devices from the device overview if they have any of the capabilities that are monitored (alarm_contact, alarm_motion, alarm_tamper, alarm_vibration).
Also, only devices that have any of those capabilities should be shown, I can’t see how light bulbs and/or temperature sensors would show. Can you provide a screenshot where you see them?

Thx for the link, that really improves the settings site! As does the flow site, etc…!

See below:

Light bulbs and signal repeater are Ikea
Climate/weather sensors and WCD (relay) are Aqara

:+1: If only Athom would recognize a simple css change would make those sites so much more useful…

But anyway, I’ll have to look into that. I think this is because Heimdall started faster than your Zigbee was available after a reboot, I think that when you scroll down in the log you’ll find some entries showing that the devices mentioned here weren’t available when Heimdall started.

To make sure Heimdall can use these devices after they become available a check is performed at every change of the Surveillance Mode where it cycles to previously unavailable devices and rechecks their availability. When they are available they are removed from the unavailable list, added in Heimdalls monitoring and a line is written to the log.

Exactly true!

But Heimdall does not do anything with devices like light bulbs, signal repeaters and climate sensors, so why checking them?

Perhaps I do nog get exactly what you mean… :slight_smile:

Well, the thing is, Homey reports the devices at Heimdalls start, but when a devices status is not ready it doesn’t report the device type or capabilities.

To not leave Heimdall hanging while Zigbee becomes ready (which can take some time) it moves to the next device after some time. It saves the not ready device in a list and when the Device Ready Check is performed it re-checks the devices in that list.
When the device is ready at that time it is included in monitoring (when it has the right capabilities) and removed from the list. To be complete a line is written to the log the device became available.
So, that’s all Heimdall does with those devices, I could remove the logging of devices that became ready and are of no use to Heimdall but that could raise other questions.

Hope it makes sense now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it does!
Thanks!

1 Like

Interesting. Care to elaborate on how you set this guest mode up? Is it a flow in Homey or something in HK?

It is a virtual button that you can create through either the experimental “virtual devices” option or the App called; “virtual devices” (which I use). I created it as a a simple “on” “off” button that allows me to use the status in other flows;

“If everyone left home” AND; “guest mode is NOT on”
Then “enable the alarm”.

I published the button through the Homeykit App and so I can enable/disable it with the help of apple HomeKit/Siri