Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

I understand the desire to not receive these messages when setting the Surveillance Mode when you consciously create a separate method of warning you when a sensor has not communicated. Most users however do not want to think about this or bother with additional flows so I’m not going to add a setting for this, maybe these flows can be of help for your use case:

Run Communication Check

Send result of Communication Check

1 Like

New version published, sorry no new functionality.

Version 2.0.42

• No functional changes, resubmission to enable App Store languages

The apps description in the app store is now available in several extra languages. There are just 2 languages that still needs translating, Italian and Norwegian, Please reply here if you can help translate, Thanks!

(Version 2.0.41 was skipped due to the workings of the submission process)

1 Like

Due to recent developments on how Athom deals with community developers I’ve decided to ask Athom to remove Heimdall from the app store.

3 Likes

Will Heimdall still be available true the community app store?
How are Henk and Ingrid gonna be able to find the Heimdall now?

Is there anything we as a users can help with? E.g. to push towards Athom to change something?

1 Like

Hey that’s too bad to hear…

It’s a brilliant app, and a lot of effort from your side already in it.

Will you place it in the community store?

Please let us know if we can do anything about it. An alarm is the most important thing where I use my Homey for.

@Igy @Rob_Bruining and anyone else that’s concerned by Athom’s actions:

I guess the only thing you can do is let Athom know you are concerned with their actions: They removed the Foscam app from a community developer and replaced that with an app from Foscam which is in fact a copy of the community developers app.

https://twitter.com/athom

info@homey.app

Sorry to hear this. :sob: :broken_heart:

Crisis averted, @emile made a statement about what happened and took the right decision

I will cancel my request to remove the Heimdall app from the app store.

7 Likes

Good to see and also a clear reaction from Emile. Hope they learned from it. Good to hear the story behind.

I like that clear and honest statement from Emile. Good points for Athom earned :slight_smile:.

Hello,

i installed Heimdall and i’m very sasified. the only problem i hev is how i select a zone or reason?

To set the action Homey should take when the Alarm State is activated you need to make a flow with the The alarm is activated flow card as the trigger. That flow card has the Zone and Reason token which will show what sensor was the tripped and which zone it belongs in.

I cannot selct the tag zone or reason?

thanks

philipp

You can use Zone en Reason under the and condition and also under the then card.
Under the then card you can use it as notification for example.

i’m not able to select nothing?

thansk

Philipp

Hello @Philipp_Karl,

Can you explain what you are trying to do and what you would expect to happen?

Hello,

i have the following Flow:

In the “when” option i cannot select the tags (zone, cause), is this correct?

I also have the problem that the alarm is not triggered when one of the 3 motion detectors reports a movement although everything is configured correctly?

How can I install in the flow that the Heimdall alarm button switches off the siren?

Thanks for help.

Philipp

Yes, tags are not ment to be used in the When… column, only in the And… and Then… column.

Also, why do you evaluate the Surveillance Mode in your flow? Do you have a separate flow that evaluates on Partially Activated?

I can’t really tell, what does it say in the log on the dashboard? (Open it in Homey Developer Tools so it’s readable)

I suggest making a flow using the The alarm is deactivated. (Alarm is deaktiviert.) card as the trigger. That way the Sirene will switch off regardless the method of deactivating the Alarm State (Which can be done by pressing the Alarm Off Button or changing the Surveillance Mode in any way)

1 Like

I have set up the VD as a Sensor and selected the Motion capability, so I’m pretty sure I have done this step correctly.

Where I’m miss8ng something is in the next step.

I can’t seem to get to the options in the then step that you show in your post. I add a flow. In the When step I select the VD that I just created and I am given the following options.

I select The motion alarm turned on.
In the Then section I select the VD again and get the following.

Have I done it correctly to this point?
If I select a Tag I can’t find alarm_motion. I tried typing alarm_motion in and typing true in the value field but when I tested it it didn’t work.