Greenwave Systems v.2.0 removed power capabilities

Another thing about these greenwave nodes. Did you ever check the power consumption if everything was powered down according to the node?

I just did a small check by putting a neo coolcam power plug in between de power socket and the node 6 and I found out that somehow it uses 43w. Anyone with the same ‘result’ ?

No that’s not right…

Just installed an unused powernode 6, with all sockets switched off, behind an Aqara power plug.
The power plug shows a power usage of 1.22W

mmm then there is something wrong with my greenwave node 6 because i can clearly see that it uses around 43W. When I turn of all sockets at first it indeed doesn’t use that much power ( around 1.22W) but after while for some reason it starts to go up.

22 days ago, how are you performing with this issue? (not intending to push :wink:

I also downgraded my 2.0 to 1.1.2 - and now it works again.

git clone https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems.git
cd com.greenwavesystems/
git checkout old-master
athom app install

And it does just get reinstalled, and all polling works again.

Does this mean that all functions work well, like adding new devices and changing parameters?
It does not have “sdk”: 2,

Dont know. The important for me, is having data from the power devices again

Thanks, I understand your point, but maybe you can investigate the possibility of changing the parameters, for me it would be important.

Everything will work just fine, even without the “sdk”: 2 tag added in the app, a lot of apps are still running SDKv1, just apps with settings (which most z-wave apps don’t have) is the biggest culprit of an app not working, this includes parameter, as those function exactly the same SDKv1 vs SDKv2.

This might change in the future if Athom ever drops support fully of SDKv1

1 Like

Day 7 with Homey.

I have 30+ Greenwave plugs around the house.

I have set up mesh with the Greenwaves around the house connected to Homey, ready to start transferring all the rest across from my old system.

But the greenwaves are now flashing green every second or two. I have set the parameter to 255, but, so far have not worked how to set the zwave device polling period. On my old system it is set to poll each Greenwave every 60 minutes.

So in this thread it looks like this is an issue with Homey, is that still the case?

Is there a workaround?

Having these units flashing in bedrooms is a show stopper… and they would be very expensive to replace.

Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The blinking is a result from Athom did remove the polling and also the power measurements. If you set the timeout the max, you have more then 4 hours without blinking after you switched the device, very annoing indeed.
You can do as Lauer did (see 6 days ago):

lauer
6d

I also downgraded my 2.0 to 1.1.2 - and now it works again.

git clone https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems.git
cd com.greenwavesystems/
git checkout old-master
athom app install

And it does just get reinstalled, and all polling works again.

1 Like

Thx, will look into that.

Another potential fix is to send a raw zwave command to set the timeout once an hour.

That may reset the timer.

I’ll try it over the weekend

I have raised with support - they are looking at it

Mike

Sorry I am on day 8 of Homey I don’t know how/where to invoke the list of commands you listed.

Sorry for being such a noob.

Mike

It is the commands to install an app from commands line, rahter then the app store

You can read more about it here :

Thanks for that- but I died at the first hurdle.

Went to the iOS Homey App
Went to Settings
Cannot find an option System

Can’t find It in Settings/General either.

Either I am being really stupid, (not out of the realms of possibility :slight_smile: ) but I cannot find out how to install node.js and I have searched the forums where it says install node.js but not where or how you get there or where it is.

I would appreciate a pointer please.

This is a lot of work for a workaround to a defective Greenwave App (has been reported to Athom and they looking at it)

I’m afraid this is for Windows, don’t know if it exists for iOS (see mentioned video)

Just seen, after acidentaly reset Z-Wave and re-adding my PowerNode-1, that the ENERGIE does work: :grinning:

2019-05-04T12:37:43.603Z Node[10]: Received application command for COMMAND_CLASS_METER, data: 0x02213400000004000100000001
2019-05-04T12:37:43.605Z Node[10]: [COMMAND_CLASS_METER] {“Properties1 (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[33]},“Properties1”:{“Meter Type”:1,“Rate Type”:1,“Reserved”:false,“Meter Type (Parsed)”:{“value”:1,“name”:“Single-E electric meter”},“Rate Type (Parsed)”:{“value”:1,“name”:“Import”}},“Properties2 (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[52]},“Properties2”:{“Size”:4,“Scale”:2,“Precision”:1},“Meter Value”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[0,0,0,4]},“Delta Time (Raw)”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[0,1]},“Delta Time”:1,“Previous Meter Value”:{“type”:“Buffer”,“data”:[0,0,0,1]},“Meter Value (Parsed)”:0.4,“Previous Meter Value (Parsed)”:0.1}

PowerNode-6 does not show ENERGIE.

Also found a decent work around to the Green Flashing light on the Greenwaves.

Send a ZWave Raw command “0x25, 0x02” to the Greenwave at least once every 4 hours 14 minutes - if the time out has already been set to 255.

This Raw Command asks the Greenwave to send its relay status to Homey. That restarts the Time Out Timer.

I have just tested it and it appears to work.

Will do some more extensive testing - build it into Flow and transmit to all Greenwaves.

Will report back.

2 Likes

Ok after 5 days - still working well.

So that is a good work around.

Changing the timeout period worked too, but was worried it was writing the config locally and this would generate a lot of config updates and wear out the dram (not sure if that is what is)

This way of doing it just asks the Greenwave what is your current state on/off.

Has the additional benefit of picking up any manual state changes too, ie if someone turns it on at the plug, usually that is not reported back, this should pick up that state change.

That was a very interesting forey into RAW Zwave :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting back, I can confirm that it works great this way, actually, this is a form of Polling. I did set the time-out to 0xFF ones and via a flow, I poll the devices every 2 hours with 0x25, 0x02 . :smiley: