Google NEST Protect V2 Interface

This is just sad :frowning:

This is what StackOverflow says:

The question being asked isnā€™t a specific programming or implementation question; if it was, it would have a place on StackOverflow. But itā€™s a question that can only be answered by someone from Google and should be directed to Googleā€™s support team :frowning:

1 Like

But how can we do that? Maybe if we send a lot of email, raise tickets, somebody will reply with a date when it will be supportedā€¦

Where to?
Link?

Is there already more news? Donā€™t read anything about itā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Google Nesp app is working.

Yes but not with the NEST protect V2. I donā€™t see it on the app pageā€¦
Google Nest App voor Homey

With the Nest app of the community store you can detect your Nest protect

How? I cannot.

In the appā€™s settingsšŸ˜‰
Screenshot_20220924_113619

So. The Nest Protect can be added and work with Homey with the official Nest app from Athom?

No

Any updates on adding Nest Protect into Homey Pro yet?

2 Likes

This would be very helpful to have working. This would give many of us the ability to have occupancy of all of our rooms which would be helpful in many flows.

1 Like

I gave up and am now using Starling. It seems like this has completely stalled. Probably because Google keeps talking about fully integrating Nest protect into home but it seems to be stuck in the abyss. Based on this article I am not going to wait around indefinitely which is why I moved forward with Starling.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/google-still-exploring-bringing-nest-protect-into-its-home-app/ar-AA1i6pud

Iā€™ve been waiting for this too since Google took over the product, very disappointing as such a good smoke/CO2 detected but without integration is very lacking for any Smart Home install. Iā€™m sort of at the stage of giving up hope now.

Has anyone found a good Smoke/CO2 that is battery powered and allows for integration?
Darrell

1 Like

Has anyone seen or heard any further news from Google on this? Iā€™m approaching battery replacement time and thinking Iā€™m going to bite the bullet and replace my Nest Protect with Fibaro ones as they seem really good and give me some options for flows then. Iā€™m not convinced Google will ever enable this which is a real shame as it was a very good product.