Google Chromecast app crash

Hi,

Recently, I noticed that the Google Chromecast app crashes. After I manually restart the app, it will work for a day or so. Then, it will simply stop working, resulting in an exclamation mark with the icon of the device. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and / or has anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks for any comments!

3 Likes

@Alcor have the same problem here with the app. For work-a-round I restart the chrome app every 3hour in a flow. Since then no problems anymore. Now waiting for an app update so I don’t need to restart every time…

1 Like

Yes same problem and also restarting the app to keep it alive. I notified athom and they are looking into it for quite some time now.

Don’t forget to send your own mail to athom. More ppl=more attention

Hi, thanks for the idea! Found an instruction to do that here:

https://community.homey.app/t/rebooting-homey-from-a-flow/9832

Thanks for following up. I will send an e-mail to Athom support.

Any option to install older versions of the app? The newest versions don’t have native support of chromecast audio.

Unfortunately, that is not what is happening here. Quite the opposite in fact: since a week or so the app crashes. It seems like it is crashing within one or two hours after a restart of the app or a total reboot of homey.

Any suggestions or a solution?
Constantly and randomly looses connection and related flows stop functioning properly :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

google chromecast “cast a youtube video” has stopped working. … hanging on a pause. :frowning:

Same here :frowning:

Got the same problem here!

I’m a new Chromcast owner. Have the latest model. It randomly goes offline in Homey even though my Chromcast is on and is working fine…

This problem seems to have existed for quite some time from what I’ve seen. Are they not interested in fixing it ?

Got the same thing happening with my Nvidia Shield and Google Mini.

I have the same issue with two Google Home Mini devices. Found multiple topics on it, but none of them are recently updated. Does that mean the issue is fixed (for some people)? Or people have just given up on it?

Chromecast seems to be fairly broken. Not sure whether the difficulty lies with the Homey app or Google

On my Google Home Hub it seems to be working all the time. It’s just the Google Home Minis and some Android TV devices that stop responding after some time.

As a workaround I am now trying to include a restart of the app, wait a minute and then cast something

For me the Homey app has worked for varying lengths of time but never more than a few days. I have minis and Hubs (not the max versions) and any of them can show a red triangle in Homey but always work in the Googe Home app

It seems that my workaround (I cannot call it a real solution) is working out fine. I have no issues anymore with my Google Home devices.

1 Like