Acceptable bypass for intermittent Chromecast app crash

Just got my Homey Pro 2023, tried the Chromecast app and… as many of you know already, it lose connection to Chromecast devices fairly often. Yes, it could be related to meshed network router switch, 2,4 to 5Ghz switch, sleep mode, … so many potential reasons that 100% reliability is probably not achievable, even after optimisation of the network.

So I wrote a small (advanced) flow: the AND statement ‘Device X is playing’ returns with an error when the device cannot be reached, so I used it to check all my devices and restart the Chromecast app via an ANY box in case one of them fails to respond. I start with this flow in any Chromecast related flow and then insert other commands with a delay of a few seconds (time it takes to restart the Chromecast app)

It isn’t ideal, but it does make the Chromecast connections almost 100% reliable in flows, more so than restarting the app ‘just in case’ every X hours via a separate flow.

(Sorry for Dutch text: ‘Is aan het afspelen’ = ‘Is playing’; ‘Herstart’ = ‘Restart’)

1 Like

Yup, it was mentioned before