Generic RF-remote

Hi Robert, i will flash my Sonoff RF bridge to Tasmota this weekend. then i install MQTT on Homey.
Only thing i need to do then is connect the RF Bridge to the MQTT of my Homey?
or do i need more configuration?

Maybe you can send me a procedure you used?
pls help me out…

In broad terms: you need to configure the Sonoff device so it uses the MQTT broker on your Homey, install the Sonoff app on Homey, and add (“pair”) the device to Homey. During the pairing process, you will be asked the IP-address of the MQTT broker (which is the IP-address of your Homey), and that’s about it.

Once the device is paired with Homey, you can create flows that trigger on the reception of RF codes.

So far this is clear, but now I cannot find where to enter the code. When creating a flow, I can add the RFbridge and I will also see the tags, but I cannot enter anything here. Perhaps you know the solution that way

Hi Robert, I did follow the steps in Generic RF-remote So far this is clear, but now I cannot find where to enter the code. When creating a flow, I can add the RFbridge and I will also see the tags, but I cannot enter anything here. Perhaps you know the solution that way

Hi Robert,
I found how it works. works great. thnx

Hey guys. I have succesfully connected RF Bridge via Sonoff APP. I have read everything but still no clue how one recoginzes the RF signal values. How do I get it to RF Sniffer tab? I want to use the 433 mhz remote of my wireless awning. Thanks in advance

The RF sniffer doesn’t work very well anymore because the window in which it is presented doesn’t scroll horizontally.

What you can do is create a flow that looks like this:

• WHEN
    • RF code received
  • THEN
    • Make a notification

In the action card, use the Code tag to show the code in the notification:

If the RF bridge recognises the signal, you will see a notification in Homey’s timeline that will show the code. You can then use a Logic card in your flows that will match the incoming code to that specific code.

Thanks. A bit tricky but I got it. However i get no notification with the 433 mhz remote! The
flow created as you suggested. 1572105108908693691256|375x500

If you don’t see a notification when you press a button on the remote, it’s likely that it uses a signal encoding that the RF Bridge doesn’t support :frowning:

Robert I have seen u r using same remote. Or is it not the one from ebay?

I bought a few similar remotes from AliExpress a long time ago, but just because they look similar doesn’t mean that they use the same encoding :frowning:

Thats ofcourse possible. Anyway strange thing happened yesterday. Out of maybe hundred clicks of remote button I randomly received one notification by homey identifying the RF. And than it never happened again. Hmmm :thinking:

Are you sure it was the remote and not another device somewhere in your area? Some of my neighbours also have 433Mhz devices that my RF Bridge picks up.

One never know but now I tried again and one button again sent the code. But only once and never again. I cought the numbers but new flow to replicate the signal does nothing. Nevermind thanks for reply, I think Sonoff does not match to my awning remote.

Is there any new development here? Assuming some kind of 433 mhz transmitter, which produces a signal that can be seen in Homey Developer Tools - how can one make an app that responds to that signal? Or isn’t this enough information, as Robert seems to be saying? Ref
Generic RF-remote - #3 by robertklep

1 Like

Hi Robert,

I recently acquired the Homey Pro 2023, but I suspect that your Sonoff app might not be compatible with it. Is there a way to use it regardless, or could you recommend an alternative remote to trigger flows?

My app is indeed not compatible with the new Homeys. If you flashed Tasmota onto your RF Bridge it’s probably easiest to use the MQTT Broker and MQTT Client apps to use it to trigger flows (where you would configure the RF Bridge to use the MQTT Broker running on Homey, and use the MQTT Client app to listen to the topics that the RF Bridge writes to when it detects a signal).

1 Like

Off topic:
You’re a very active member of the community @robertklep and I personally like your dedication in the forums and the apps you made before - thanks for that!
I know you don’t use Homey anymore, so I’m just wondering how come you’re still so comitted to the community and platform?
I hope that’s all right to ask - please feel free not to comment on my question :slight_smile:
It’s just out of curiosity and not meant in a negative way in any way.
Again I appreciate every minute you contribute to the platform :smiley:

I still have actively used apps that I like to maintain, which means I have to keep aware of issues and changes to Homey. And for me it’s a small effort to help people out when I can. Not all questions on this forum are strictly related to Homey either, but to things like Zigbee in general, Arduino, or Homey alternatives like Home Assistant and zigbee2mqtt, which I both use.

3 Likes