Garmin - control your Homey with your Garmin watch

Hero Image Venu2

Control your Homey with this widget on your Garmin watch

Features

• Get some Homey details like memory and CPU usage
  • scroll through your favorite devices and flows
  • toggle switches, press buttons and start flows
  • check notifications
  • change your user state (at home/away and awake/asleep)

Showcase on Youtube

(Showing some currently not availabel functionality)

Requirements

You need a Homey smart hub to use this widget :wink:

When you first start the widget, the Garmin Connect app shows the Homey login screen. Authenticate with your Homey account, select your Homey that you want to control (if you have more than one) and confirm the permissions that this widget needs.

Limitations (Garmin devices)

The widget itself uses a minimal amount of memory. But the JSON results from the WebAPI are really extensive. For this reason, only devices with more than 64kB widget memory are supported.
For details select your device on: Reference Guides

Limitations (Homey access / rights)

Athom currently only grants user permissions. System-wide access (apps) and changes (notifications) are currently not possible.

Limitations (iOS mobile phones)
The Garmin API is not 100% compatible to the used Athom WebAPI. Garmin only supports JSON objects, but not JSON strings. That’s why you can’t use your iOS mobile phone to connect your Homey from your watch. You will only get a “device not supported” message on the watch after trying to log in.
That’s caused by the iOS GarminConnect app that’s forwarding the communication from the widget to Homey and that’s blocking the auth response.
A bug report is opened at Garmin for a long time but it doesn’t seem Garmin will fix the bug.
Android devices allow passing the API response as plain text, so the widget can get the auth token from your Homey.
Feel free to vote up the bug report or repeat the request to fix the error in the bug report.

If you own a HomeyPro23, you can use the local API key instead.

How does it look like?

The main view of the widget shown in the widget carousel, followed by the category list (use a tap or START button)
GIF animated compressed

Tap or press START in the device category to get into the device list. Scroll through your favorite devices with UP/DOWN or swiping up/down. If a Switch or button is displayed, you can toggle or press it with START or a tap. A progess view is displayed while communicating with Homey.

From flow category you can jump into the favorite flow list. Select a flow and start this flow with a tap or the START button.

On-screen hints show what interaction is possible in the view:

Now the most important thing… :grinning:
Thank you for supporting app development with a small donation via PayPal.

btn_donate_LG1

8 Likes

FAQ

1 Like

reserved

Versions
Current state: Public Beta version

0.1.0 Initial Beta version with WebAPI access and oAuth authentification

I open Garmins ConnectIQ app on my mobile device but where can I enter my cloudId and Bearer token.

thanks in advance for the help.

Go to “My widgets” in the IQ → Homey and then where it says “Innstillinger” on this image:

Fill in where it says “xxx-xxxx…” and “Bearer xxxxx-…” in this image. Not easy to see the input fields, but just tap there and your keyboard should pop up.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

i already found it i have to fill it in via garmin express and it worked but now i get the message set app settings.

thank you in advance for the help.

Hi Fred,

here is a Wiki post for GarminExpress and the mobile apps:

The CloudID must be copied without the quotes.
The Bearer token must be copied completely (incl Bearer xxxx). Please check if it’s displayed with linebreaks. Then copy the whole text.

Yes i have this CloudID without the quotes en the bearer token whit Bearer xxx.

When you change the settings with GarminExpress, a Sync could be needed. Using the Mobile app (or ConnectIQ app), the settings are stored directly on the device.

A new version (0.0.3) is online… @kjeet90
It could take some time until you can see and install the new version with the ConnectIQ app.

1 Like

i have the new version instaled and i make the sync but still the message set app settings???

Can you please check the app settings with the ConnectIQ app? That’s showing “live” data from your watch. I don’t use GarminExpress for app settings because in the past I got such trouble, too.

i have check the app settings in the connectIQ app and i see my CloudID and my bearer token.

But i see the version is 0.0.2 and i install the version 0.0.3

The install button normally will set the app into the sync queue. You can see it in

After a restart of teh ConnecIQ app, the sync circle should turn green and aftert sync, the “Update” vaule should witch to “0”.

Can you send me a screenshot from the settings as PM? Perhaps I can see something…
And last question: what device are you using?

garmin venu 2s

I get in the homey app
I keep getting update and queued

How can i make a pm to you ?