Garden watering

No, you open the app “homey” select Zigbee

What valve and what ON/OFF module bought you ?
Thks

Gardena has smart sensors. Gives moisture, soil temperature, lux and temperature. They just introduced new sensors, cheaper and smaller.

Ok thank you, I have to open the Homey application then for example the Zigbee icon and try to connect an unlisted Zigbee device, that’s it. ? Otherwise I see that in the Homey application you have 6 possibilities, why do I only have 3? “Z wave”, “Zigbee” and “Infrared”? I see you also have “virtual camera”, “virtual switch” …

That’s it. I have experimental virtual devices enabled

What network does linktap use? Is it Zigbee, zwave or 433mhz.

Source

Thanks. And I believe that Zigbee uses the same frequency worldwide, so it will work fine in Australia. Is that correct?

Ok thank, but how did you add these 3 virtual devices to the Homey app?

Don’t understand your question, because I guess everything you need to know is shown in the screenshot.

And this is another screenshot:

I used thed valve you can see on the picture (sorry I don’t manage to find my order and the reference !.. I suppose I bought it directly from Wish or Aliexpress, I cannot remember :frowning:

Concerning the ON/OFF module, I bought a simple inexpensive ZBMINI Zigbee that I put inside a dedicated isolated box.

I wanted to dismantle all my installation each winter, so I made it simple ! (but all works great !!)

in the app: settings–> Experiments

2 Likes

Linktap is an Australian company so hopefully it works there :wink:

1 Like

First some words about Linktap:
I have a LinkTag G2 installed and it’s working great witk Adrians App.
In addition I created a virtual switch.

• ON starts a Flow where I can start watering for a specific time
  • OFF starts a Flow where I can stop watering immediatly
    Two other flows are acting on the state change (if the valve is opening/closing on stored plan via LinkTap Android app) to change the virtual switch state.

Now to your question:
I habe some Xiaomi Mi Flora sensors. You can connect them to Homey via Bluetooh using the XiaomiMiFlora app.
My sensors are out of Homeys BT range. To solve this, I use an ESP32 to read sensors via BT and propagate the data via Wifi to a MQTT-Broker.
This way your can place the sensors and the ESP32 somewhere in Wifi range.
In Homey you can install MQTT broker app and MQTT client app to read the MQTT topics via Flow.
This way (direct BT or via ESP32/MQTT) you can react on sensor changes to change the LinkTap mode (or just activate/deactivate the mode) using Flows.

Some details about the sensors (sorry, german only :slight_smile: ):

1 Like

@RonnyW I hope you don’t mind but I have stolen your idea :slight_smile:
I have added an On / Off capability to the app in v0.0.8. So you no longer need the virtual switch or the flows.

Of course, please feel free to implement all these ideas. Makes LinkTap easier to use :+1:

hello, I will definitely buy a LinkTap. On my current installation I have a Gardena pressure reducer for my drip irrigation, should I keep the pressure reducer or the Linktape valve also serves as a reducer? I understand that yes? and in this case how do you regulate the pressure?

Good choice.

The LinkTap is just on and off so you would keep the pressure reducer after the value.

The small version you can add directly to Linktap.
Just remove the Gardena Quicklink and screw the pressure reducer upon the Linktap.

Ok, thanks … but what is the little black connector? what is it used for ?