Flow starting before sunset

Hello. I am using Homey bridge. I want to make a simple flow, starting one hour before sunset. It seems not to be possible in Bridge, being in beta. Any suggestion about how to spell this flow. Or just wait until beta stops? When will that be?

Not possible in beta of the Bridge. It only accepts numbers, no text.

I made this flow on the cloud/bridge homey…

Select
“Date&Time”
then “The Sun sets”
Enter 60 in the empty white bar.

1 Like

And then the action starts is sunset minus 60 minutes and not sunset + 60 minutes?
That would be great!
I will try this.
Thanks, will be back with the result.

I didn’t test either, but if the trigger is:
‘the sunset event is going to take place in 60 minutes’
that means to me: the trigger triggers 60mins before the sunset event.

You can test it by temporary altering your home location to a place where the sun is about to set :wink:

Good suggestion! I will try and come back to you.

1 Like

Ik works, flow starts 60mins before sun event :tada:

Hi Peter,

Your assumption was right. 60 minutes means 60 minutes before sunset. 60 minutes is the Max, you cannot give in 90 minutes, or 61 minutes. But it works!
Thanks a lot!

Jos Gosen

1 Like

You’re welcome, Jos
Idk why 60 is the max…

Just to compare:
With the Sun Events app for the Pro the offset is also limited at 60 (or -60), but you have way more events, very flexible.

This event f.i. starts 60mins after the evening twilight:

All triggers / conditions:

Hopefully it will be available in bridge also in time !

Jos Gosen

Well, don’t expect independent developer apps to become available for the bridge. Of course there are always exceptions.
The best you can do is request at Athom what you’d like to be added to the standard flow options.

Hi Jos,
You could also use a delay of (let’s say) 22 hours and 40 minutes after sunset. The result is a trigger 80 minutes before sunset the next day.
There is a slight deviation of course: it will trigger a minute early in winter and a minute late in the summer.
Cheers,
Tim

1 Like

Thanks, I will try! And let you know.

Jos Gosen

Hi. Question regarding this, how does the Bridge know, when sun sets? The Sun Event app, for ex, only works on the Pro.

It’s not the Bridge that knows, it’s Homey Cloud. Sun rise/set times can be calculated and depend on your location.

1 Like

It works! Good suggestion!

Jos Gosen

1 Like