Flow editor lags

I have some difficulties creating flows on the Homey website (so not in the app). The website gets very laggy, most of the times whenever I try to modify cards. For example, when I want to pass parameters to a flow card, I have to type them in the bar on the right side of the screen. The bar fades in with a lot of bumps. When I type text in the parameter fields, it always takes a while before the typed text shows in the input field.

I tried multiple browsers on multiple computers (MacOS/Windows, Chrome/Safari) but they all show the same behaviour. I cannot believe that it is caused by my Homey, because what I know (but please correct me if I’m wrong), the flow editor is not hosted on my Homey.

From the inspection window in Chrome, I get also some ‘warnings’ which are triggered by the JS from the homey website.

MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 testFlowCardError listeners added. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit

I cannot really understand what they are supposed to mean, but it seems that something unusual happens with JS.

Anyone has seen this behaviour before and can tell me if I am doing something wrong?

1 Like

Im experiencing the same slugging performance using the web flow editor too, with chrome not responding and being prompted to refresh the website as something went wrong.

I guess mine is due to the amount of apps and memory used. As when I set it to another homey that I’m managing for another friend, it works fine as that homey doesnt have as much apps or devices…

Yes, got the same problem.
Flow editor is not usable for me…I tried with Firefox, chrome and safari.
When I open, it is always not responsible after a short time or won’t work from the beginning.
The app in version 4.x ist quite good at the moment, doesn’t start every time from Sketschs every time I open.

It’s like its getting worse… I’m starting to believe this is caused by my Homey (standard Homey, not pro, around 24 apps installed), which has problems with memory. But again, the flow editor is not hosted on my Homey, or am I wrong?

I have 32 apps installed. No problem with flow editor. I also have a normal homey. Don’t know if this help you

It doesn’t help me, it only confuzes me even further :slight_smile: But thanks for the reply anyway!

So I bought a Homey Pro, but even with v4.2.0 installed the flow editor lags as a *beep. From what I can see is that around 50% of the memory of Homey is free. I don’t get why the flow editor still has troubles with loading and all click events…