Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222 door garage

Hey Peter,

Thanks for that - I’ve had a read through and my set up is working ok.

Did you have your physical button connected to Input 1 or just did you just bypass the Smart Implant?

I have set mine up with the sensor being on Input 2 just as a NO sensor, but I’m not sure about my physical override button that I’m not sure whether to connect via the smart implant or just leave it connected directly to the gate controller.

Hi,

I didn’t use any physical buttons. I use the inputs to provide an indication of when the gate or garage door opens or closes. To open with a device other than my phone/ipad or Siri I use the original keypads (RF I think).

I’m not sure what you mean by a physical override button, but I have installed an IR beam across the garage door to stop the door closing on my car if parked under the open door. This is connected directly to the garage door opener so bypasses the Smart Insert which it needs to be unless someone used a physical keypad to close the door.

Peter
Was there no Life before there was Twitter?
Was it stodgy, lackluster or bitter?
I find Life too fleeting
To spend time in Tweeting,
I’m a face-to-face kind of a critter!
Larry Eisenberg

| Jetaus
June 27 |

• | - |

Hey Peter,

Thanks for that - I’ve had a read through and my set up is working ok.

Did you have your physical button connected to Input 1 or just did you just bypass the Smart Implant?

I have set mine up with the sensor being on Input 2 just as a NO sensor, but I’m not sure about my physical override button that I’m not sure whether to connect via the smart implant or just leave it connected directly to the gate controller.

I can not get mine to work. Pleased help me.
I know there is connection between app, homey and implant.
Please se my pictures for more information

Did you get this working? What device are you trying to control?

Hello.
Yes, i got mine working. It was not properly implemented the first time it seems like.

Thanks for your reply

I actually read it in another thread just after posting here.
Was it you that had issues with sometimes having to give open/close signal multiple times in order to get the door moving? If so, could you please give some advice on how to solve that?

Yes i had some problems, but fixed it with the raw setting of settings. As you already done it looks like?

Where did you adjust the pulse?
Could you post your settings?

Hi Christer, you’re following this post, aren’t you? In this post it’s explained how to set pulse setting. And you did it already as I can see it in this actual post #17.
So maybe you use a wrong pulse time?

Fixed now with increasing pulse to .5 seconds through raw settings - 156,2,5.

lør. 21. nov. 2020 kl. 11:12 skrev Christer via Homey Community Forum

1 Like

Hello mr fantross.

Yes, mine is working, was just trying to help stian :wink:

OK, miss understood you, sorry.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I was inspred by this thread and started to add a smartimplant on my garagedoor as well. Now im testing it with a 16vDC adapter i had lying arround close to homey as a test. I can control the implant via homey, but the inputs wont react to my magnetswitch or photovoltaic sensor.

I tested with my voltmeter and when i place my relector or magnet, input 1 or 2 receive 16v. The input in the homeyscreen stay -
Is there a minimumvoltage to activate?

I do not know what you mean by photovoltaic sensor or what you have connected. Is that even possible according to the manual?
Relector? Do you mean reflector?
Do you mean something like a light barrier?

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean.

Contacts must be connected between Input and Gnd, the user manual says.

Depending on what you connect to the inputs, an additional 12 V voltage must be connected.
That’s why I asked what he wants to connect to the inputs.
You also can’t use every magnetic contact/reed contact. Some need a separate power supply.

Therefore the link to the manual was given! (sorry to interfere your dialog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Allright, thats my problem, i send a + to it. Ill search some npnsensors then

1 Like

Yes, i meant a light barrier. I connected it all to the same powersuply, ill search for npnsensors and retry then

Maybe you can share your experience then.

sadly its a long time ago i spent some time with NPN-sensors, and they dont behave like i thought.
my new solution is a limit switch to check if door is closed, and 3 lightbarriers to check if the door may close. I tested it on my workbench, so its not installed yet!

So now my input1 is activated (by the relay K1)when all 3 lightbarriers see their reflectors (it’s safe to close the door), and input 2 is activated when i activate my limitswitch (door closed). Normally my existing (wired/stupid) button will stil function. My limitswicht has 2 seperate switches (NO and NC) so maybe i tweak it a little bit more so it takes away the power to the lightbarriers when the door is closed.

i’m thinking to aim them this way, but let me know if you think there’s a better solution.

i’ll let you know when its installed and works, but wont be very soon

1 Like