[FeatureRequest] make it possible to disable a device

Make it possible to disable a device and/or a zone with all devices in it.

I have some devices which I only use and connect for example with Christmas, and the rest of the year they are in the drawer. Homey keeps looking for devices, I see errors in group devices and in flows. Of course I disabled the flows which are not needed at this moment, but still I see errors due to the fact that for the Homey the devices are unreachable.

Same for a situation you want to disable all sensors and devices in a specific zone, due to maintenance, construction work, and so on.

Marco

1 Like

Hello, I have the same question, disable some devices when the alarm is ON. any helps?

The request is still a very interesting one. To be able to disable and enable devices, manually and using flows.

And it also counts for zones, to be able to disable and enable zones, with all devices in them.

The devices become passive and are not polled (if there was polling) and do not generate warnings.
Passive devices will give a warning that the are passive or do not react to any question fo perform an action.

1 Like

That’s functionality of the apps, not Homey itself. To add an inactive state, is must be done via SDK Update and all app must be updated. Not a realistisch scenario.