Fail to backup/Remove voice files?

Hi,

Last 2 days I get “Backup error: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write”.
That’s weird because (attached image) I do have quite a lot of space left?
Where can I remove unwanted voice-files in order to save space?
Can I get those voice-files back in the future?
How can I prevent this from happening again? I’m scared that i need to delete more and more things even though it says I have space left…

Many thanks!

The error could also be caused by the backup server running out of space.

Wow, so Athom will ignore such a global and vital thing for all users for like days??

Notice the word “could”, I’m not saying that’s definitely the cause :smiley:

Ha ha, I both hope this is the case, I don’t need to do anything on MY end, and not hoping as this means Athom is not taking backups seriously for anyone… :slight_smile:

But as it started Friday, it looks like a common “Weekend”/No monitoring-thing!

NO, Probably not as I had the same and Homey needs a lot space LOCAL, to finalize the Backup.
Every time it fixed by freeing up space, Removing voices, removing Apps, or removing devices with their insights. (or Recovery with Full Firmware re-load.)

Done a couple of support request but they could not give a required free space.
Not very satisfying answers. (And my custom build Homey had more memory, but not more flash)

No, you need to free up space.
Yes you can remove all but one voices. Homey will download them again when you change language or switch voice.

1 Like

OK, Silly question, but WHERE do I remove unwanted voices? Looked “everywhere”…

More … - Settings - Speech - Select the Voice (Name) and Highlighted Voices are Downloaded, Select and Remove.

Thank you so much, I was able to backup now! Pheeeew, didn’t want all those flows being at risk! :slight_smile:

Same issue here, ENOSPC. And I have no voice files that can be removed. Issues started on December 19th. Removed older backups (except for the most recent 2). Just 752 MB of 1.6 GB in use and still not able to create a new backup. Any ideas? (submitted a service request already, but response might take 3 weeks !!)